𝟏𝟖. 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞

𝟏𝟖; 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘷, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘷 - '𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭')

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖 cold, and the involved in it hardly ever notice any difference until it is too late

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖 cold, and the involved in it hardly ever notice any difference until it is too late. Hvitserk and Sigyn hardly ever saw each other anymore, both too busy with their own things to even care about it. They still were to be married at some point, but that didn't seem all that important. With Ivar as ruler, every day was a new disaster waiting to happen. This time, Kategatt's latest tragedy was the seer's disappearance.

What with her aversion for destiny, Sigyn always made a point to avoid the oracle, but she knew his importance. He lived in between worlds, the most tangible connection the Vikings had to the gods. It was said that Seeresses possessed such strong powers that even Odin, the Allfather, could benefit from their advice. That being said, the Seer's disappearance was not taken lightly by the village. Apprehension and even fear painted the faces of many as they stood in front of the oracle's shack waiting for answers that were unlikely to come.    

Sigyn didn't stay long at the supposed abandoned place. Now with Ivar's nonsense of saying he's a god, she had a feeling he might know a good deal about what happened to the Seer. Heading to the Great Hall, the shieldmaiden didn't expect to find it crowded with frightened villagers questioning Kattegat's most recent occurrence. 

"We have suffered a terrible loss." the shieldmaiden arrived just in time for Ivar's speech. "All of us. The Seer has been taken from us." he descended the steps from his high throne with the help of his crutch. "Believe me, we are doing everything we can to find out what has happened to him. We need him. No one can remember Kattegat without the Seer. He knows everything about us. All about our past." the king walked further as he spoke, nearing the crowd. "And everything about what the future holds for us." he sighed and took a moment as if he needed to recompose himself, and then he reached for an elderly woman who was sitting close to where he stood and took her hand. "I will find whoever did this and make him pay in blood for what he has done to us." Ivar promised as he stared directly into her eyes. "In the meantime, do not be afraid that I have been revealed to be a god." he let go of the woman's hand and walked forward. "The gods have always lived amongst us. It will not affect your lives, it will not change anything. Except that you are entitled to be proud that you're ruled over by a god, and that soon, my wife will provide us with a divine child."

How convenient for the new god to have the town's only supernatural advisor go missing, leaving him as the sole authority in matters from out of this world. Knowing Ivar and his paranoia he certainly had a hand on the Seer's disappearance — or, more likely, his death.

From across the hall, Sigyn felt eyes on her, and looking for the source she found her prince staring at her with the same look of skepticism that was painted on her face. Sigyn and Hvitserk might have not been at the greatest phase of their relationship, but at least they agreed on one thing: Ivar definitely knew what truly happened to the Seer.