ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

❝ 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜, 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚢 ❞

Snow swirled as a thickened foreground to the navy ink splattered across the sky. The darkened shade to the pure white of the ice highlighted its presence, the frozen gusts sending the flakes into whirlwinds. Little tornadoes of snow swept across the ground already layered in the same thing, snatching the slivers of softened hail to increase in power.

Thick, crisp snow blanketed the ground, pine trees laced in the same crystal particles of ice with trunks weakened from the chill crawling through their roots. The forest atmosphere attempted to hold the snowfall in place, but the flakes rapidly escaped to decorate the rest of Siberia with the wintered frost.

Blizzard gusts slapped Sonic with a frozen hand, snowflakes clinging onto his quills and the fur of the rest of his body, a consequence his hands attempted to prevent. His crimson sneakers sunk into the snowfall with every step, the speed he would usually pump down his legs restricted from the fingers of the cold pulling his ankles deeply into the chilled eiderdown.

"I absolutely cannot find my way! We are completely, totally, unequivocally lost!" Sonic shrieked, the volume of his voice battling with the whistle of the wind as his emeralds squinted to compete with the darkness concealing everything ahead.

Tails and (Y/n) ambled behind him, following the hedgehog's lead with hope that he would have some idea towards where to head. (Y/n) shivered from the breeze, snowflakes clutching to her windswept hair with an old coat stolen from Wade's garage around her shoulders to prevent such a thing from happening to the rest of her body.

Her eyes felt like glass - glazed from the strange feeling the numbness from the cold provided her with, as if it froze her mind as well as the snowfall ceasing the sensation from her ankles downwards, and watering from the chill that felt like it broke into her skull and attacked them from behind.

Tails sauntered by her side, struggling to keep up with the snowdrift grasping his ankles as every winter ripple sent a shiver down his tiny spine. Both his tails brushed against the surface of the snow, the fox unable to raise them any higher to save them from being infected by the cold.

"Sonic, in this weather, there's no way we're gonna get any readings on this thing!" Tails cried, keeping a firm hold to his device with hands deadened by the cold monitoring their movement across the gelid land, tapping the screen of the Miles Electric that struggled to snatch any valuable information.

(Y/n) peeked over with a glance so frozen it felt it couldn't move naturally, frowning at the scanning of the gadget glitching from the chilled wind blocking any readings from being obtained. The green lines intended to move in a sequence spiralled all over, Tails sighing in defeat.

"Should we go back?" He suggested.

(Y/n) nodded with a shiver. "Yeah, Sonic, I'm not sure if we can do this."

"No, no, no. There's a light up ahead. Maybe we can take shelter in there." Sonic replied with confidence, a finger quaking in the cold gesturing with a trembling point towards a small wooden hut laced with crisp snow and glowing with a homely touch.

Tails frowned with uncertainty towards the idea, (Y/n) shrugging in preparation to follow whatever Sonic had in mind as there seemed to be no other choices. Sonic clambered up a sharp cliff formed from the snowdrift's pressure, the touch to the ice cold but comforting to his ankles sinking into it. He clutched to the edge, snowflakes tickling his fingertips with a chilled numbness as his emerald eyes scanned the entrance to the hut.