ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝔼ℕ

❝ 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊𝚣𝚣 ❞

🏂

A shard of metal skidded down the mountain weighted by two bodies to keep it steady. Snow spewed from underneath, the robotic debris slicing through the rather thin layer of ice with an opposite heated approach from the collision to the rocky surface.

(Y/n) wanted to admire the landscape as mystical as an antique painting, but fear biting her harder than the cold forced her face to remain buried in Sonic's fuzzy neck. She squinted over his shoulder just for a second, stunned to silence by the bright white mountain range up ahead but frozen back into panic from the amazing acceleration.

Sonic manipulated the course the makeshift snowboard decided to take, leaving slick marks to the ice as the metal scraped the edge of the mountain. (Y/n) felt her stomach become abandoned at the cave above from the incredible speed, but she tried to keep her head held high and her arms only lightly around Sonic's shoulders.

Buzzing of Robotnik's machines stalking them shattered the peaceful environment shivering from each gentle yet powerful icy breeze. They felt like hundreds of large bees attracted to them like they somehow possessed pollen they would need to produce succulent honey, but gave away that same irritating aura.

Sonic glanced back for just a minute, snarling at the robots. (Y/n) could sense the frustration in his breaths as they hovered over her cheek rather warm from their close contact. It passed over her shoulder with sharpness of a hiss, crimson lasers competing with the luminance of the crisp snow from the robots' mechanical cores.

"So, you wanna play?" Sonic chuckled, taking a sudden turn around a rocky area to the face of the mountain to avoid the attack of the aerial barrage.

Robots ironically shaped as wasp-like critters zoomed just behind them, shooting more lasers that burnt the snow in thickened lines alongside the pathway of the board. (Y/n) could feel Sonic's chest vibrate from breaths drained from energy overlapped in light chuckles.

"That's new." He grinned, swerving around another bend.

(Y/n) squealed, hiding her face deeper into Sonic's neck. The hedgehog could feel the shaping of her lips against his cerulean fur, and a reassuring energy traced his skin underneath that she gave a smile. He made sure to keep his hands below her legs to keep her steady, but his emerald eyes made sure to watch the route taking place ahead.

Robotnik's machines seemed to catch up, the blazing lasers inching forwards to reach millimetres away from the back of the metallic board. Snow became fire from the burning temperature stored in the machines as they tossed each burst of heat and light out like it was nothing.

Sonic stumbled over the tip of the board, his scarlet sneakers managing to haul himself and (Y/n) back up just in time as the path to the mountain jolted deeper down. His eyes widened for just a second, but as soon as he felt (Y/n)'s body, albeit trembling, against his back he felt the fret fade away.

"Sonic! (Y/n)!" Tails squeaked, noticing the two of them reaching the brink of severe trouble through his mission to take to the sky.

The humming from the helicopter motion his tails completed gained volume, as well as his voice as he screamed some more. They didn't seem to hear him, and his shrieks became offspring of the danger he were to be in himself as Robotnik's hovering mode of villainous transport caught up to him and some smaller explosions knocked the little fox off course.

Cackling maliciously, the doctor jolted some buttons to activate lasers and shot them at Tails, the fox scrambling across the sky and screaming louder than ever before. He made a quick escape before anything managed to burn his saffron toned fur, still amazed no one heard him from down below...