𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥. (𝐭𝐰𝐨)

"She's an angel. My only angel."

"What?" came out as your voice broke looking into his eyes.

"It wasn't your fault it was mine," Conrad admitted. As he said that, you felt tears swell in your eyes threatening to fall.

"Conrad, what are you saying?"

"Just that you matter to me. A lot. You've always had. You matter so much to me. Never think you didn't," he spoke out softly.

"Then why, Conrad."

"Because I was fucking scared, okay," he said as he broke away from your stare.

"Con, you could've talked to me."

"No, cause you would've realized it soon than later."

"Realize what?"

"That I wasn't ready. That I wasn't what you deserved at the time," he said as he looked back at you.

"I will never understand you, Conrad."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize for something you don't mean," you said as you moved away from him but he pulled you back by your hand.

"But I do. I'm sorry for everything. For last summer, for our argument before you left, for not explaining anything. After you left with your sister last summer, I couldn't get you off my mind. When Nicole asked me, I didn't think you would come back after everything that went down. I knew I made a mistake the second I saw you in the room that night," he explained getting closer to you.

"I don't even know what to think anymore."

"Nicole can never compare what you mean to me, okay. Last summer I was too scared to be with you. It felt all too real to me. I know that if I ever lost you after a stupid mistake, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Nicole was safe, and I didn't care if something happened between me and her. I regret everything that happened with you that night. But I was too much of a coward to say anything else," he continued.

"Why are you telling me this now?" you asked him.

"Because I love you. I've always had," he told you with love in his eyes.

Conrad Fisher confused you to no end, but there was a part of you that loved him for it. You let your mind process the information you've just been told. You were at a loss of words. Here you were standing in the Fishers' kitchen in front of Conrad as he poured out his heart to you. It took everything in you to not kiss him right now.

You always knew that Conrad could make you fold like no other. That's just the way it was. You would always forgive him after he apologized to you even though sometimes you know you shouldn't. But a part of you always held him so closely in your heart that no matter what he did or what he said you could forgive him. He just had that effect on you.