𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞.

"Love is fatal. Won't you give it a chance?"

You were ecstatic to return to Cousins and even more excited to see the Fishers and Conklins again. Sure you kept in contact throughout the year for holidays and birthdays but it wasn't the same. You counted the months down to the trip back. It almost felt like after you left Cousins you were already waiting to come back.

This year would be different. You had a feeling it would be. Maybe it would be the year Conrad finally noticed you for something more than just the little girl he grew up with. Conrad was always your best friend out of the bunch but you thought that's all he saw in you. He was probably the only one you really kept in contact with throughout the year with small texts every month and little updates about each other's life.

You were turning 17 in a few weeks, but in the past year, you felt like you changed a lot yourself. You didn't know if you finally felt more confident in your own skin or if you found yourself in the past year. You have better style now, finally feel more confident in your body to ditch the one piece, and got your license too.

You missed everyone, of course. It felt like you needed a break from your life. Your parents got divorced since the last time you came to Cousins. It was hard for everyone in the family. You stayed with your mom, Julia, in New York while your dad, William, decided to move back to Toronto.

You didn't know if the others knew about the divorce, but you knew it wouldn't be much of a difference considering your dad only came to the Fourth of July party Susannah throws. You decided not to tell Conrad about the divorce because you already knew the problems between Susannah and Adam, you didn't want to add more to that pile.

As your mom pulled up to the Fisher's driveway, you quickly took off your seat belt and waited for the car to come to a full stop before heading out of the car. You guys came a week earlier than you were supposed to, so you guys could surprise them. They thought you were still on a volleyball camp.