Chapter 3

Scarlett woke up to the sun streaming into her bed. She was still on top of her covers after passing out the night before. She checked her phone. 8:05am. She sat up quickly, checked her notes. She had some time to kill before she had to go pick up the rest of the bridesmaids from the airport.

She got up and got dressed. She threw on a pair of light wash jeans, white cropped t-shirt and a pair of birkenstocks. She wanted to grab a coffee, so she set out to the streets to find a place to sit and enjoy the views.

A couple blocks away she found a cute cafe and went inside to wait in line. She was standing behind a group of men, when she noticed a flat brimmed hat in the group in front of her.

"Max?" She said rather boldly.

He turned around, "Hey" he said, recognizing her. "Is it Scarlett? Right?" He asked.

She smiled "Yes."

The other three men turned around to face her, a man with a backwards hat and the bluest eyes Scarlett had ever seen. The second one had green eyes and dark brown hair, she would say he was classically handsome. Then she looked to the third guy, and it was Daniel, smiling from ear to ear. Daniel stepped forward and patted her on the back. "This is the one who ran me over at the airport," he laughed.

The group chuckled at that statement. Max introduced the two other men to Scarlett. "This is Pierre" He said as the man with the backwards cap shook her hand "And this is Charles" He said and Charles also shook her hand.

"When did you two get in for the wedding?" She asked, looking at Charles and Pierre.

"I live here," Charles said with a smile.

"Very cool" Scarlett responded then looked at Pierre.

"I flew in from Milan the other day, I have been staying with this guy" He said pointing at Charles.

"Wow you guys are world travelers" She said to the group.

They smiled and exchanged amused looks. "You could say that," Daniel said with a cheeky smile. "These two round out the groomsmen" He continued.

"Oh well it's good to meet you guys, So you four plus Liam" She said.
Max piped up "Scarlett is the Maid of Honour" Max said filling in Pierre and Charles. They nodded.

"So we will see you tonight then?" Pierre asked.

"Yes, you will. Ah so someone does read the itinerary" She laughed and shot a sarcastic look in Daniels direction.

He laughed. The line moved and the guys ordered their coffee. "What would you like Scarlett?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, don't worry about me, I can get my own" She said.

"Seriously, it's totally fine" He smiled.

"I'll take an Iced coffee, black please!" Scarlett said.

She waited with the group for the coffee to be made.  While waiting, she asked "So are you all childhood friends of Kyle?" She asked.

The exchanged amused looks. "Yup, we have known each other for a long time." Charles said with a smirk.

Scarlett had a puzzled look on her face. "Very cool" She said as the barista had put the coffee on the bar ready for them to drink. Daniel passed out the coffee to the correct people.

"Well thank you for the coffee. I think I should go see some sights as I am only here for spring break, then it's back to work" She said.

"Oh well, we can show you around" Max said with a smile and looked at the others.