Chapter 6

Scarlett woke up with a jolt of her phone alarm ringing from across the room. She quickly flew out of bed and hit the snooze button, before Thomas had the option to be dramatic about it.

She looked at her phone and sighed. Scarlett hated how organized she was sometimes, as she unlocked her phone and found the detailed plan for the day. But her head was pounding and she would have rathered crawled back into bed to sleep off the hangover. Six in the morning was a very early time to be waking up after a big night of partying.

Day two of the celebrations was the planning of Liam, and Scarlett had fully planned day three. She rolled out of bed and hopped into the shower. She needed to touch base with Liam this morning to make sure everything was set. She was a little type A so she had to double-check for her own sanity.

Scarlett quickly towel-dried her blonde naturally curly hair. Leaving it a bit wet, threw on her Sweatshirt and shorts and headed out to the hallway.

When her hotel room door closed, Daniel's room door opened. Somehow his smile was the first thing through the door. "Hey, You are up bright and early" He grinned.

"I could say the same about you" Scarlett smirked as she turned around to face him as she leaned against the wall.

"Where are you off to?" Daniel asked with a raised eyebrow, he copied Scarlett by leaning on the wall outside his door.

"Just going to check on the plans for today," She said pointing over her shoulder.

"Want a coffee first?" Daniel's eyes flickered with anticipation.

Scarlett looked to the side, then checked her watch, "Sure!" she grinned.

"Follow me," Daniel said as he waved over his shoulder and went back into his room.

"Wait, weren't you just leaving?" Scarlett asked following him into his hotel room.

"I was going to go to the gym, but I like to talk to people more" He winked at Scarlett, causing her cheeks to flush. "Take a seat," he said gesturing to the armchairs against the window. The curtains were pulled open, and the sky was still a little dark.

Scarlett sat down and turned around to look out the window. She sighed wistfully.

Daniel turned around and handed her a mug. Scarlett reached out to grab it, their fingertips touched while Daniel passed her the coffee. Daniel's eyes sparkled as he looked down and moved his hands away. Scarlett looked at her hands and could feel the parts that were touched tingle.

Scarlett lifted the cup to her lips and took a sip of the coffee. She smiled "Wow, that is exactly what I needed" and she turned her attention to the sky outside. "I love watching the sunrise," She said quietly to herself.

"Same," He paused" Let's go," Daniel said immediately standing up.

Scarlett looked at him blinking with a blank expression on her face. "I still have my coffee to drink," She said holding it up, "this is needed, especially with this hangover," She said with a laugh.

"Take it with you, Let's go!" He said as he took her hand and basically dragged her out of her chair.

"Fine" Scarlett said with a fake whine. Deep down she was dying for this opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with Daniel. Her knees wobbled a bit with nerves as she took her first couple of steps still holding Daniel's hand. A warmth radiated from his hand up through Scarlett's entire body, she needed to pull away before her cheeks started to get even redder from the flood of emotions. Daniel led her to the elevator and pressed the top floor button.

"Where are we going?" Scarlett asked confused.

"Trust me" He smiled his signature grin.

Scarlett raised her eyebrows skeptically and stared at Daniel as she took another sip of the coffee. The doors opened and he took her hand again. He led her down the hallway to a big black metal door at the very end. He pushed it open with one hand still holding Scarlett's other hand.