Chapter 24

Authors Note: apologies for the delay.  My time definitely got lost playing Hogwarts Legacy... next chapter will be up Sunday! (Only about 6 chapters left!)

The following week, Scarlett was still reeling from the double date. She was hurt by what Liam did, and how she was treated, yet her heart ached for Daniel. She could only assume that Daniel was out on the street looking for her, but yet it had been a week and she hadn't heard from him. She texted him, and no response.

Her phone rang and she quickly picked it up and saw Liam's name across the screen. She sighed and hit the ignore. Seconds later her phone rang again. She ignored it again. After Liam's 10th attempt at a phone call, she gave in and picked up.

"Save it," She said shortly.

"Scar" He pleaded.

"Don't Scar me, you don't get to do that after what you did" She said coldly, her voice wavering ever so slightly.

"I made a mistake"

"Don't" She stopped him from continuing. "Whatever we were, is over, you don't deserve me. For heaven's sake Liam, you had sex with a girl on a double date WE WERE ON. What the actual fuck." Scarlett yelled, her voice now shaking with anger.

'Well, I bet you threw yourself at Daniel" He spat back.

"Go fuck yourself, Liam," She said as she hung up her phone and threw it across the living room onto the chair on the opposite side.

Scarlett sighed in defeat and fell back onto her couch. She needed to pack, as she was off to the UK for the British grand prix. Shortly after her successful and buzzworthy article was published, her boss Mark called and asked if she would be willing to work as the company's F1 correspondent on a temporary contract until the F1 summer break. She hesitantly accepted knowing that things may be awkward with seeing Liam and Daniel in the paddock.

There were only 3 hours left until she had to leave for the airport. She gathered all of her things and packed her clothes, toiletries and her work essentials. Then she rushed off to the airport.

The plane landed at Heathrow and she was able to take the train to her hotel. She walked into the hotel lobby. Scarlett was taken aback by the gorgeous decorations and lavish marble floor. Her boss had set up all the accommodations for her, she had to realize that she was now not traveling with a teacher's budget anymore. These fancy hotels would be the norm for her for the next 4 race weekends.

Scarlett laughed as she opened the door to her hotel room, she shook her head in shock, dropped her bag and ran and jumped on the bed. This was a great place to be when dealing with the craziness that is her love life. She exhaled and relaxed into the comfy bed.

After some relaxation time, she got up and headed down to the lobby to get a drink and something to eat. She was shocked to see familiar faces from the paddock. So all the drivers are staying here, she thought to herself as the hostess at the hotel bar led her to a table. She sat down and was looking at the menu when she could hear someone sitting in the once-empty chair across from her.

Scarlett hesitantly lowered the menu to see who was there, a smile spread across her face as she let out a sigh of relief. Max was sitting there in his flat-brimmed Red Bull hat.

"Hey" He grinned.

"Hi Max" She smiled in return.

"Didn't know you would be here this weekend." He half-chuckled.

"Ya, I got a call from my boss offering me a trial contract, you won't be able to get rid of me until summer break" She laughed.

He nodded in approval, "Well I have to go chat with some people quickly," he said pointing to a table full of Red Bull shirts in the back of the bar.