Chapter 27

Authors Note: Enjoy! I love hearing you're thoughts. I feel like this will be a therapeutic chapter for some.🥰😉

The following 3 weeks of the F1 race calendar went by quickly for Scarlett. Her first three articles were exactly what her boss wanted and she was doing a good job getting her work done on time. The only big obstacle for Scarlett was her final article about Max.

Kelly was a great friend to have in the paddock during the last few weeks. She somehow convinced Scarlett to set up a social media page to post links to her articles and post behind the scene travel stories. She had started to gain a bit of a following and some of the F1 drivers started to follow her. Max, Charles, Pierre, and even Lando had given her a follow. Yet nothing from Daniel.

She would occasionally see Daniel in press conferences or cross paths while walking down the paddock. Daniel would always give her a small smile. She would return the smile with a quick smile.

It was Sunday of the final week of Scarlett's contract. She scanned her pass to enter the paddock and realized how early she was. Scarlett was early to everything the past three weeks to avoid Liam or Daniel. She didn't need to worry about that. This was a record even for Scarlett. The Hungarian grand prix Paddock was different than the races Scarlett had been to before. So she needed to be early this week to ensure she didn't get lost of end up in the wrong building at the wrong time.

The first thing in the paddock that caught her attention was surprisingly Alex and Liam. They were walking through the paddock both staggering, both with a champagne glass in their hand. Scarlett checked her watch. It was literally 9:30am. It was a race day which meant the party started earlier than the other days, but this seemed a bit too early.

The drunk couple made eye contact with Scarlett and immediately started walking towards her.

"Here we go.." Scarlett muttered as they swerved up to her.

"Look who is it, the little F1 stalker" Alex taunted. "Isn't it almost time for your carriage to turn into a pumpkin?" She retorted.

Scarlett blinked, that was rather clever for Alex to have come up with. "How long have you been waiting to use that line Alex?" Scarlett said straight faced.

"Let's go sexy, she isn't worth our time" Liam slurred.

"You're right, listen to him. He's a very smart man" Scarlett said with her voice dripping with sarcasm.. She had no interest in talking to those two. They were a mess and she knew whatever they would say might get...

Liam turned his attention to her. Crap, Scarlett thought. Things are going to get messy.

"You ungrateful little bitch" he said.

"Woah, uncalled for" Scarlett said as she straightened her posture to face him squarely. She was ready for this, he was trying to intimidate her, but his swaying wasn't selling the intimidation factor.

"You aren't even thankful that I kept Daniel from you" He slurred.

"Kept him from me? Oh okay, I'm sure you did Liam..." Scarlett trailed off.

"No I mean it, I did a great job of it." He boasted as he popped up the collar of his work logoed polo shirt.

"Sure you did..." Scarlett was now confused about how he was acting and what he was saying.

"I'm sure you haven't even figured it out yet..." He continued to brag.

"Whatever Liam, I don't have time for this" She said now with frustration growing in her voice.

"Let's go baby" Liam said, grabbing Alex's butt and squeezing it as they staggered the opposite way down the paddock.

Scarlett shook her head as they walked further away from her. She now focused her thoughts on finding a cup of coffee. After that odd and unprovoked exchange, she needed something to get her through maybe her last day in the paddock.