Chapter 23

Authors note: Enjoy! This was a fun one to write. Here it As promised! Would love to hear your thoughts on this one! New chapter coming Sunday!

Scarlet met the blonde's eyes first. Then her eyes locked on Daniels whose eyes were just as wide as hers.

She quickly looked at Liam, "So nothing I should know?" Scarlett asked again, obviously upset about being put in this awkward position.

"Nope, this is Alex, and you obviously know Daniel," He said with a noticeably rude tone.

Scarlett smiled a tight smile at the two of them. She slipped her coat off and hung it onto the back of her chair. She could see Daniel look at her dress and then quickly look away.

Liam helped her into her seat, which was regrettably across from Daniel. Liam sat in front of Alex and smiled.

"Isn't this nice?" He said grinning and looking from Alex to Scarlett.

"Totally, so nice we could all get together" Alex agreed loudly as she nodded her head.

Daniel grunted and sat back in his chair, Scarlett rolled her eyes and took a sip of water, not really wanting to engage in conversation. Something about being yelled at and humiliated by the blonde in the bathroom and the paddock made her not really willing to engage in small talk.

"So isn't it the infamous Monaco girl," Alex said snarkily from across the table.

Scarlett raised her eyebrows. "Excuse me?" She said dumbfounded that she would have actually brought that up. Daniel quickly looked at Scarlett for a moment then looked away disinterested in the conversation and people at the table.

"I'm just making a joke," Alex said in a sickly sweet voice.

"Ah, funny," Scarlett said with no emotion.

Causing a small choked laugh from Daniel. Who immediately stopped himself quickly.

"Settle down ladies, let's be civil" Liam said in a booming voice, and a noticeably lower voice than Scarlett was used to.

"Hello" greeted a waiter with a crisp white shirt and a black apron tied around his waist. "Would you like to look at our red or white wine list for tonight?"

"White obviously," Alex said as she snatched the menu out of the waiter's hands. "Right, Liam?" She asked for reassurance as she opened it to look at the white wines, turning it so Liam could see. Liam leaned in towards Alex to read the menu with her.

"Actually I wouldn't mind seeing the Red wine please, I'm not a fan of white. It makes me sick honestly" She laughed to herself. The waiter graciously smiled at Scarlett as he handed her the red wine menu.

Daniel still sat looking away from the table obviously not wanting to be there.

Scarlett scanned the menu when a wine on the list caught her attention. 'Meiomi' a Cabernet Sauvignon. Scarlett was pretty sure this is what Daniel had picked up for their rooftop date in Monaco. Scarlett hoped that ordering it may be like extending an olive branch to Daniel who was obviously not wanting to be there.

When the waiter returned Liam and Alex were still laughing while looking over the white wine menu. Pointing out the wines they drank during late-night study sessions at university. Leaving Scarlett and Daniel sitting there silently.

The waiter approached Scarlett and Daniel's side of the table. "Would you care to order a bottle of wine for the table?" He asked.

"Please" Scarlett smiled as she looked back at the Menu, she pointed to the Meiomi on the menu.