CHAPTER 1: A New Start

The sun shone bright as it casted it's rays down to the busy city. Loud honking can be heard from every vehicle passing the road as chattering and shoes stomping noises were made by a crowd. Within that swarm of people is a certain brown-haired girl pushing her way through the crowd as chatter and city noises fills the air around her.

Passing vendors and loads of people, she guided herself to the bus stop, the amount of people dying down until it was just a few people left. The brown-haired girl made her way to the side, ignoring the few people there with her as she leaned against the pole.

Her hand dug to her pocket, slowly taking out her phone and plugged her earphones as she listens to some music. Her fingers tapped away at the screen as she opened the text icon and typed in her mom into the search bar and saw her mom's message.

Sweety, where are you now? Have you eaten yet? Make sure you get everything okay, I don't want you collapsing at school again- Mom

A small smile escaped from her lips as she read the message. She texted back.

I'm fine mom, I already ate earlier. I'm on my way to school now but I'm still waiting for a bus to come. I'll text you when I made it there

She hit send, the message going through to her mother. Within minutes, a chime sounded from her phone, her eyes darting back to the device in her hand.

Alright sweety, be safe. I love you-Mom

The girl's smile grew wider as she let out a soft giggle upon the recent message.

Love you too mom and don't worry, I will

She wrote back as she placed her phone in her pocket once more, the smile on her face falling as she remembered the things she still needed to do and submit for her to pass.

With a sigh, her gaze shifted back to her front as a bus stopped in front of her. She took a quick glance to her phone before making her way inside the bus. Her feet took a few steps inside before finally halting and moving to an empty seat beside her.

It took a few minutes before the bus continued to move, the brown-haired girl leaning her head to the glass window as she gazes outside. The bus moved from slow to a particular speed, watching as her eyes catch every establishment to her side.

The brown-haired girl's brows furrowed as her eyes instinctively turning beside her to see a little girl timidly turning away after being noticed. She shot the little girl a confused look before noticing the young girl fidget in her seat, making her eyes softened as she recalls the time when she used to get anxious at bus rides.

"Hey, little girl" She called which immediately caught the little girl's attention "Do you want to seat here with me? You can take the window seat if you want"

The little girl nodded vigorously and immediately made her way to her. She waited until the girl was finally comfortable next to her before helping her up. The brown-haired girl sent the little girl smile which the little girl adorably gave back.

"Is this your first ride?"

The girl timidly nodded

"Do you want to hold my hand?" She asked as the girl nodded once again in confirmation. With no hesitation, the brown-haired girl placed her hand on top of the little girl's hand before giving it a soft squeeze.

"I-Is that a r-red panda?" The little girl spoke softly, making the brown-haired girl turn to her bag strap, which was indeed a red panda.

"Yes, it is" She replied with a smile "Do you like red pandas?"