30 - End

I believe the author is eager to finish my story because it's been a whole month since we busted the ones who wanted my money. We were still in Brazil to sort out legal documents and relationships. During that time, the gang became a part of the mafia, some members quit being outlaws, and Wayne started living as an ordinary businessman. He was true to his word and interrogated Dorian for hours to fulfill his uncle's role in my life. After his examination, he was impressed by Dorian's past, character, and life. I got the green light for my relationship with him... Not that I would stop dating him if Wayne did not like whom I chose to be next to me.

Lance and Dylla were growing stronger with each passing day. After we got the punks, I told Lance that his police partner indeed ratted our location out to the bad guys, and he quickly called his supervisor and sorted the matter out smoothly. He can be intimidating when he gets in his police character, but I did not see much of that side since we were in a different country. Also, Dylla brought out the sweet side of him.

Roy and Ismarelda were another love story. They'd fight in the morning and make out in the evening, which was gross because too much PDA for my eyes. Their fights were ridiculous too. One day, they fought over the last piece of chocolate on the table where there was a whole box in the fridge. However, their goofiness was the party's life for us, and they had no problem maintaining a long-distance relationship after Roy returned home until Isa finished her studies.

Keri and Cidro were on and off because of Keri's irregular hospital shifts and Cirdo's ongoing foundation. He aimed to teach each homeless human in Rio for free, which required a lot of time. With all this, they would be very affectionate toward each other when they meet. I could tell they had potential and would be married first. I felt it.

~~~

It was time to leave and return home, so we packed our stuff and headed to the airport. Dylla announced that she would come and live with Lance and apply to the police academy. She wanted to be like him, which thrilled Lance and urged us to leave the rented house earlier, like the flight would take off any sooner.

Dorian, Lance, Roy, and I got in the car with Jino, whereas Wayne, Valentina, Cidro, and Dylla were in another vehicle. They wanted to see us off, and we could not refuse. Keri had a shift, so she made us apple pies before she went. "Are you happy now, Lance? We will wait in the waiting corner for an extra hour!" Roy exclaimed, and Lance rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I am happy. Now let go of my arm. I want to sit with Dylla for a bit," Lance said and disappeared while Wayne, Valentina, and Cidro came into view. I smiled and remembered the feeling of satisfaction when I sent each one five million dollars in their bank accounts. They thought I was insane and poor now, but they did not realize that my fortune would last me for generations, not just years. I did it to show my gratitude for them.

"Are you ready to go back home?" Wayne asked me, and I nodded. Deep down, I did not want to go back and leave my uncle behind, but I had my life there, and it would take time to sort things out. He promised to visit every once in a while, and I did the same.

"Yeah, don't miss me too much," I joked and hugged him tightly. I looked at Valentina and beamed. "When is she supposed to give birth? She's passed her due date by four days," I added.

"I know. I will take her to the hospital after this emotional meeting is over." The second he said that, Valentina winced. Wayne's concern was evident on his face. "What's wrong, baby?"

I smiled, realizing what was happening. "Look down, and tell me what's wrong!" Valentina yelled, which attracted people's attention to us. She did not care, and I understood her position, yet I did not know the feeling.

"Oh shit, your water broke! Call for an ambulance!" Wayne started to panic, and I quickly grabbed his shoulders and gave him a light squeeze. When one sees him, they would think that it was his first baby... he did not even give the impression that he was a gang leader or killed people before.

"Calm down. It just broke. So, it should take her a while to actually give birth. Don't get nuts when she's calmer than you!" I slapped his cheek and let him stand next to his wife.

"She's right; don't panic. I will help if your wife needs it. All she needs to do is sit down and wait for the ambulance to arrive." We turned to the voice source and saw a woman with a suit bag standing next to us. I instantly recognized those blue eyes. No freaking way!

"Ariel O'Connor! How? Why are you here?" I asked in disbelief and happiness. Ariel was kidnapped before, like me. The news talked about her incident for weeks, even after years since the actual event. I blinked a couple of times to comprehend that my wish to experience what Ariel had with her kidnappers came true almost instantly, and it excited and scared me.

Ariel looked at me with a smile. "Oh, you know me, great. Then you know that I am a resident doctor now, you must have watched the news. So, everyone, relax. I even helped two women give birth before I was a doctor, and one of them is my mom." Someone should write her story... oh, wait, Nadine already did. After all, she wrote my story.

"What a small world," I stated. The sirens were heard, and I decided to postpone my flight. Dorian and Roy chose to stay, yet Lance had to go back to work. I need to tell her my crazy story.

The End