14

We've been awake all night telling lame jokes and laughing our hearts out. We only slept for two hours. Jino was a funny person for someone from the Limpadores mafia, and it turned out that he was a dad to a 28-year-old son, and let me just emphasize something... from his dad's description, he was handsome. Keri must call dips before he's taking!

"Good morning guys, I need to go. My classes start at 9 and it's 8:30, see you at 6." Ismarelda yelled with a toast in her mouth, I chuckled, waved goodbye and walked to the sink to wash my face. Keri was having a cup of coffee while watching a medical documentary, the boys were just laying on the floor talking, and Jino was still asleep. I smiled but then remembered what he told us yesterday and walked towards him.

I crossed my arms and arched my eyebrow as I stared at his sleeping face. "Hey, Dorian..." I trailed off and kept on observing him.

"Yeah?" he lifted his body from the floor and looked at me.

"Don't you think it's weird that he's still asleep?" I asked and looked at Dorian.

"Why?" he asked but then his eyes widened as if a light pulp was lit in his head. "Wait, it is weird!" he agreed with me and I decided to make a move.

Keri walked into the room. "Why it's weird? He only slept for two hours, let him rest." She said and I shook my head.

"You don't understand, he told us yesterday that he'd never miss a morning run, even in the rain," I stated and put my palm on his forehead and it was burning up. "He's hot!" I said. He opened his eyes and smirked.

"I know I'm hot," he repeated and winked at me then closed his eyes once again. I rolled mine and helped him sit down.

"I'm not joking Jino, you have a fever!" I declared and Keri stepped closer and inspected the wound. I looked at his hand and saw blood all over it. "How did that happen? Didn't you stitch him up?" I asked her and at this point, the boys were next to us.

"I did, how did this happen Jino? What did you do?" she asked as she removed the bandage and saw that the wound was open and needed to be treated right away. "You need new stitches and bandages and I'm afraid that I used the last ones on you, yesterday." She explained and he sighed.

"It's okay, it must have happened when I entered the bathroom. I might have... washed it... with water." He said as if he remembered what he did and facepalmed himself with the good hand. "I'm sorry. After all the hard work that you did, I ruined it!" he added and Keri smiled.

"I'm more worried about your brain right now. Do you think that I care about the hard work that I did at 12 am? Come on, we are going to the hospital, and don't try to refuse because I'd make the boys carry you."

I laughed at her threat and laughed, even more, when I saw Jino's defeated face. The boys helped him stand on his feet and all of us headed to the car. Jino sat in the shotgun and Keri was the driver. Dorian, Lance, and Roy sat from the back and I just stood outside the car with crossed arms. "Really?" I remarked.

"You can either sit on the floor because you are the smallest and we'd lift our legs, or you sit on Dorian's lap. You choose." Lance suggested and I almost shocked by my imaginary water.

"Why my lap?" Dorian asked and I nodded.

"Floor it is, lift them up, boys. Hurry up!" I demanded then composed my body and made myself feel as comfortable as possible. I knew it was not ideal and I could have sat on Dorian's lap, but his injury crossed my mind. I knew that it was stupid since he could carry me without feeling any pain, however, I didn't want to embarrass him, for some reason. I had complicated feelings regarding this matter so I just threw them out of the window and focused on the song.

"I'm angry at one thing though..." We heard Keri mumble to herself and all of us looked at her and asked what was it. "Ha? Oh, was I thinking out loud?" she asked and we nodded.

"It's because of me, right?" Jino asked with a sad expression.

"What? No! It's because I asked for a day off yesterday for today, but apparently I will be working without pay, today. I made this stupid challenge with my friend, who was in charge of all nurses, that if I come back to the hospital for any reason, I would have to work half the day without pay. She wants to prove to me that I can't live without work and she's right! What can I do? I love saving lives." She explained and I laughed.

"Oh, this will teach you not to accept a challenge you know you will lose no matter what," I added fuel to the fire and she glared at me and I hid behind her chair.

"It is my fault, after all, I'm sorry. I will repay you for your hard work. How much?" Jino said and Keri abruptly stopped the car, and I hit my face in the chair and Dorian's legs on my back. This shit hurts!

"Don't you ever offer me money. I hate it when people do that. I know that you mean well, but please, never again!" she pleaded, yet I couldn't see her expression because I was too busy groaning in pain. "What happened back there?" she asked and looked at me then laughed.

"Very funny!" I said as I rubbed my face and back.

"I'm sorry Divana, are you okay?" Dorian asked as he helped me sit properly. He let me face him and look at my face. "Why are you bleeding through your mouth, wasn't your nose that got hit?" he asked as he arched his eyebrows. He was grabbing my face with his two hands.

"I bit my tongue and lip! Don't ask me how I managed to harm both, ask the great driver! Next time, a warning please." I exclaimed as I licked my lip but it hurt a lot. Dorian wiped the blood from my chin and the boys glared at her.

She raised her hands up. "Fine, fine, I'm sorry! Guess that proved that I can't live without the hospital because I will bring two patients, and not one." She replied and my eyes widened.

"Hell no! I don't need to be checked. I'm okay. Just drive and let Jino receive his treatment. Look, he's breathing heavily." I said as they looked at Jino, and Keri nodded. She started the engine and drove the car.

"I told you to sit on his lap from the beginning, isn't it more comfortable now?" Lance asked me and I raised one eyebrow at him until I realized where I was sitting.

"Oh boy! I'm sorry Dorian, let me sit on the floor again." I replied as I saw that I was sitting on his lap while he was wiping the running blood from my lip with his thumb. Now that I think about it... it was an embarrassing position.

He grabbed me by the waist and didn't let me move. "So you can get another injury like that? I don't think so, sit still and let me see your lip!" he ordered and I couldn't move. You are so gonna get it, Keri!

~~~

I hope you liked it. Faster updates on inkitt, the link in my bio. It is completely free and enjoyable to read there as well.