𝖧𝖾𝗋

"-Thank you for coming gentlemen

"-Thank you for coming gentlemen. I hope you have a safe flight back to London. Let me guide you the way outside." Aunt Isla said as the meeting ended. It was a long night. Most of our meetings are done here as it is less expected in a congregate care.

As I was making my way outside my attention was drawn to a locket that was shining brightly on the floor. As everyone had left the room, I walked to the window where the locket was lying on the floor, as well as the window from which the girl had jumped in. The locket was probably hers.

When she jumped in through the window. Her face had a scar, it was a scar starting from her eyebrow and ended very down below her eye. It was a scar, but one that spoke of an untold story of hers.

My impression of her was that she was a weird girl, but she had something about her that attracted everyone to her. She had a gaze as heavy as steel, just like Valerio's. It hurt me to hear her name. It reminded me of someone, someone close to my heart . And I know something etched in the heart of boys, after seeing their anger rising whenever aunt called her by her name.

My hand reached out to pick up the locket. There was something beautiful about the locket. It was a work of art. In the middle of the silver locket was a white colored stone, which I guess is an opal gemstone. Solid Sterling silver surrounds the stone in a flat, round locket; the phases of the moon have been elegantly carved. Upon opening the locket, I was astonished. An intricately detailed spiral galaxy is painted on the inside lid of the sterling silver locket, with subtle variations of gray, blue, and sienna and a ghostly lunar eclipse on the opposite lid. I find it to be an exquisite magical object.

I've seen it somewhere before. It was really similar to my mother's locket. I couldn't really remember how it looked, it has been almost ten years since I last saw that locket, as it was given to her.

In the back of the locket was crafted the word Nyx with a symbol surrounding it, that symbol being very similar to our family symbol. There was only one name on my mind: Nyx. Name of someone who was so close to my heart yet far away from me. Someone I hadn't even known was alive.

A dull ache started building up in my heart thinking about my moments with her which were slowly fading into the dark sky. Long time ago, I took my painful memories and placed them in a box. The box is their coffin and I set them to rest with the same reverence as a beloved one passed on. This funeral comes with tears and trauma no less than a real death and now that they have been buried, the wake comes next. It is the waking of my inner-self, the one with the power to heal and be the person I was always destined to be.

My hands were shaking, I felt lost. FUCK this can't be true. It can be my heart said.

The locket I was holding dropped to the ground pulling me out of my reverie.

The girl. Aunt Isla had called her Nyx multiple times. No she can't be her.

There are more than one Nyx in the world. However, the carved symbol on the locket gives away the truth, and I'm sure that Locket fell down when she climbed through the window.