𝖨𝗀𝗇𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 sparks

The afternoon in Rye in the middle of November was lovely, with tousled grasses and an earthen wind

A girl stood in the harkened hues of green, her eyes cascading with a worried expression. She drew circles to soothe herself or the easing pain in her heart at having been so careless as to lose an important element of her life.

"Nyx, you were looking for me." Isabella inquired as she reached for her. Nyx nodded her head.

"I can't find my locket." Isabella knew Nyx would never be unfazed by something insignificant, so it meant the locket held great importance for her. Isabella did get a few peeks at that locket, and it was entrancing.

Nyx always wore that locket and never let anyone see it; it was as if she wanted to hide it, but she knew that Isabella did get a few peeks at it, so she asked for her help.

"Nyx, don't worry; I'm sure it will be somewhere here." As Isabella tried to reassure Nyx, Nyx cut her off and said, "Isabella-" Nyx wanted to say something, but she knew it was pointless because, even if Isabella understands people well, she will not understand what a storm has erupted since she realized she had lost the locket.

"I'll search the room and the hallway; you can check another location, or perhaps you lost it when you went for a walk, in which case you should go and check that area." Isabella suggested Nyx, as she knew Nyx had nothing to say to her right now. Nyx nodded her head, and both went their separate ways.

As Nyx walked towards her destination, she realized that she had jumped in through the window on the same day she went for the walk; the locket must have fallen out that day.

Changing her route, she went towards the window from which she jumped that day, but this time she knew to be vigilant. She jumped in after checking her surroundings and ensuring that no one was inside.

As soon as she was safely on the ground, she began searching frantically, but with caution, because this was the only chance she had to get into this room because there lurked too much risk, and for the time being, she had already taken too much risk.

She finally found it-her locket, a fragment of her past that she held close to her heart to remind herself not to forget her past and not get swept up in this impertinent world's imitated kindness.

She continued to reach for it when she heard a voice and a few footsteps, which alerted her that someone was approaching the room she was in. She quickly retrieved her locket and hid underneath the table as the door to the room opened.

She let out a sigh of relief, but the relief wasn't long enough, as she realized she could be caught at any time. The person who entered the room was a man, but she couldn't comprehend who it was.

The man was on the phone, talking to someone, but it appeared from his frantic movements that he was also searching for something.

"I'm handling the situation I was staying for." He addressed the individual. On cue, after getting the documents he needed, he left the room while talking on the phone to the person on the other end.