PROLOGUE

“What shall we name her?”

A man in his mid thirties, asked his wife who is now lying helplessly in their bed whilst pacifying the newborn baby girl in his forearm. His voice was shaky, with uneasiness written on his face. She had no will to rise as she heard those firearms from the outside destroying the barrier she had built. As she wondered, unbeknownst the reason why her mighty ability would not work, she faced her pale-rosy palm to their average-sized window where bullets are coming from, trying to use the energy left from her to create a destructive explosion for their unknown foe. Unfortunately, it miraculously does not work.

“Helena, please, we should get going. I cannot lift you both while our daughter is in my arms,” said the man, tears falling from his pink cheeks, while the newborn baby girl continuously cries because of the noise made by the guns outside. “Come, I'll help you with my shoulder.”

The woman shook her head, watching her husband and daughter, and she arose from their bed. The courage to protect her husband and daughter gives her strength to stand up. With the use of the cabinet beside their bed, she gradually walks while touching her belly. Every step she made while heading to the window, she felt a twinge in her belly. But that does not stop Helena from continuing until she stands in front of the window; the shadow of the flying witch is discernible to her sight.

Helena halted, looking back where her husband was. “Alvin, could you please protect our baby at all costs?" Whatever it takes, even if it costs my life, save our baby.”

Alvin, Helenaʼs husband, burned with anger; his eyes shone with emerald green, indicating that he's using his ability as an earth possessor. “No one will take you from me, Helena-wife.”

With that, Helenaʼs tears pour like wild rain. She really treasures her husband. At first, she heard a bone-chilling thunder, and in a short period of time, she saw the sky brighten up because of the lightning, made by Alvin, which struck the unknown armored foes outside.
Atmokinesis... She thought. Alvin's ability is to manipulate, control, or influence the weather and atmospheric conditions using supposed psychic powers.

She right away shoved the curtains blocking her sight. They're currently inside their room on the second floor of their home. Her heart shattered into pieces as she saw the cadaver of the witches she ruled lying lifeless in the dirty mud, their blood blocking their faces.

Even she cannot do anything about this chaos but cry. It feels like something is stopping her from using her power—something like a barrier that surrounds their place. She could barely hear his husband's shout as the witches screamed in agony and pain. They, the witches, were forced to sit down and bend over their heads. Later on, the men in cloaks with black suits pointed their guns at the witches head and mercilessly shot it.

Few were struck by the lightning caused by Alvin, but it immediately ceased when someone raised their hand while holding a remote that stopped Alvin's ability. It stops Alvin from using his ability.

“You traitor!” Helena shouts inside her head.

The man, who's holding the remote, grinned. He's enjoying the view of the defenseless Helena. God knows that he is waiting for this day to end Helenaʼs kind, the witches. Helena is a big threat to his plans: today's plan, tomorrow's plan, and his future plan.

“Helena, you should escape!”A woman shouted below.

When Helena locked her gaze on the woman, she quickly recognized her. She bowed her head and shook, indicating that she could not do what the woman said. Helena thinks that she should not leave the other witches for this traitor.

She saw the woman jump hard in her direction. Confusion was written on Helenaʼs face. She lifted her face and saw a dagger heading in her direction.

To her surprise, the woman who jumped earlier guarded Helena from the dagger. In an instant, she fell to the ground with the dagger in her left eye.

Helena shouted with anger, holding her belly with fresh flesh wounds. “You shameless rascal!”

Not minding what Helena uttered, the man asserted. “I have planned this for so long, Helena.” He tucked his silky shoulder length black hair at the back of his ear as it blocked his sight. “I hereby declare that this will be the end of your kind, Helena.”

As soon as Helena saw that certain man raise his hand holding a pistol with a silencer, she turned her way back to run. Everything happened so quickly, she felt an unfathomable pain behind her back. Slowly falling to the ground while her sight becomes blurry, there's a figure of a man standing in front of her while holding a crying baby.

A loud thump was heard across the room. Alvinʼs voice echoed in Helenaʼs ears; she could not clearly hear who was who. She saw his husband go near her. He sat down and put her head on his thighs to lift her head.

Helena patted her daughterʼs head to calm her down. Miraculously, the baby went silent.

She caressed her husband's cheeks and wiped away the tears that had left.

“Vida... Name her Vida. Use my surname instead of yours, Alvin. Let Vida show what Abaddon can do.” 

***

paano ba mag-dedicate? basta dedicated ʼto kina ruru at ele.