Chapter 3

VIDA

My body has been abused, not physically but mentally, as I gathered and absorbed the information given by Teacher Ben. The pulse in my head keeps on throbbing like a beating heart, which obviously, annoys my soul. Right, I get it, I need to have a rest. However, curiosity really gives me the energy to wander and feed the inner cat that keeps on acting wild inside me.

Absentmindedly, I have arrived at the library. My mouth gaped when I saw how elegant their library is. There were huge and tall bookshelves containing a colourful and attractive books. There is a spiral staircase to bridge large vertical distance between the ground and mezzanine floor at the center of the library. The dim lights energize the soul of all the bookworms.

But, there I saw a mysterious yet fascinating glass cabinet, inside were books that are glowing. That piqued my attention and it mesmerized my eyes. I then take a little steps towards the cabinet, still not releasing my sight. I'm almost there, my hands were trembling to touch the cabinet, but I had to stop.

No, a golden trident stopped me.

"Vida, not all that is beautiful for your sight must be touched. It's quite dangerous."

A familiar female voice spoke from behind. I swallow my saliva first before facing her. I'm about to open my mouth to speak but an unfamiliar face hinders my voice to produce words.

The trident then flew towards her hand and glows when it landed on her hand. I didn't speak, hindi ko magawang magsalita dahil sa kakaibang anyo niya.

She has this blonde wet hair, her eyes are as glowing green as the siren creature, a fish scales covered her body. She is definitely a sea creature, I swear to her golden trident.

"Oh, sorry if you did not recognize me." She then was covered by a water and transformed her into her normal appearance. "It's me, Atlantis Roosevelt. I possess the Atlantean Lordship Physiology."

I caressed my chest to stop my heart from beating fast. "You surprised me, really. I, indeed, did not recognize you at once."

"Yeah, right. My transformation is quite weird, isn't it?"

I quickly shook my head and waved my hands to disagree. "No, you looked powerful there. Your golden trident amazed my soul."

Once again, she transformed into a sea creature and then handed me her golden trident. It was quite heavy but I managed to lift it up.

I heard her hard grasp when she saw me lifted her trident. "Woah, woah, hold on. I was just teasing you in handing my trident because I know for sure no one can able to lift it but the Alpha Atlantean herself!"

I panicked when I realized what she said. I handed it back to her, still occupied about what she said.

"Really?"

She gently nodded. "Yes! Oh my gosh, Vida, you are incredible! I can't believe it!"

She's back in her normal appearance right now. Holding my shoulder, she scan my body as if I am a treasure she just recently found.

I awkwardly shoved her hands from my shoulder and then chuckle. "I am not that special, I came from the lowest district, Atlantis."

"But, you managed to lift the golden trident of the legendary Poseidon!"

I bit my lower lip. "Really?"

"Yes!"

"Silence."