Chapter 8

VIDA

When I finally realized who I truly was, I experienced a sense of being lost in the labyrinth. I was misled by the present, which it told me to be grateful for what I currently have. However, there are many things the past can offer, one of which is to reveal my genuine identity.

And, Daisy is my instrument.

"Vida, we've passed the first examination..."

I grinned at Zephyrus who is in disbelief that we won the first game. I drew him in close to me while messing up his hair.

"There's still remaining match for us, Zephyrus. You've done being a good support. Please continue until the examination ends!"

"I-I did not do anything but being a burden to you... I only healed Atlantis. That's it." He bowed his head, still extremely skeptical.

I bumped his hip to mine and chuckles softly. "Come on, it mattered! Plus, you can do better, Zephyrus! Divine Winds Manipulation is such a strong ability. You will soon tame it."

"Thank you, Vida."

I replied by grinning at him. The host offered us a break so we could recuperate, but we are still sitting on the ground inside the arena. I felt threatened as Atlantis came charging toward us with arms wide spread. No, kindly help me leave this place.

Zephyrus and I exchanged concerned glances as soon as we realized what would happen next. Before we realized what had happened, Atlantis leaped like a child, and I felt a backache as we hit the ground.

This girl is quite heavy for her body.

"A-Aray."

"Get off from me, Atlantis!" I slightly pushed her. She then sat and fixed herself. "Where were you?"

Atlantis grinned and gestured toward the front door, where Daisy was seen hauling a bag of bottled water. She gave us a kind wave as she headed in our direction. Daisy gave us a bottled water each when she arrived in front of us.

She hugged me after she distributed the water. "I was amazed how you fought those elite students and their creatures, Vida. Oh, and you two, Atlantis and Zephyrus. You did a good job!"

I glanced at Zephyrus when he pointed himself. "Kilala mo po ako?"

Daisy chuckles softly. "Of course, you're the great healer, right?"

Zephyrus stooped down. "A-Ako nga po pero... I cannot believe pinansin ako ng pinakamalakas-"

Daisy interrupted Zephyrus before he could finish. "Zephyrus, spare yourself the trouble. Here, everyone is a student. I will treat you like my adversary if you treat me like a highly important person."

Atlantis and I both laugh as we saw Zephyrus gulped after what Daisy said. He glared at us to stop us from laughing.

"Vip lang saʼmin ʼyan, Daisy. Highly important person ka riyan." Atlantis drink the half of the bottled water Daisy brought. "At saka, huwag mo nang igaya si Zephyrus sa pananakot mo sa amin ni Vida. Halos maihi na kami sa uniform noʼn."

"Am I intimidating you, Zephyrus?"

We have partially retreated when Daisy is at it again. Her hand and eyes were covered with fire, and the next thing happened, her fiery phoenix rose from her back. It breath a fire and blew it above.

"N-No, you're not, Daisy. P-Please stop..." Zephyrusʼ soul withdrew from his body as he saw the big fire breathing phoenix behind Daisy's back.