1 | Serendipity

Bangalore, IndiaSeptemberPresent

Bangalore, India
September
Present

Author's POV

"I said I don't want to see anyone, why the fuc-" Samaira fumed before she was harshly cut off by her brother's kick on her shin to make her shut up.

"Language Samaira. Appa will hear." He whispered and yelled frustrated before closing the door of her room which he was standing by and chastised his sister.

"Fine. Why are you forcing me? There are better things to look after after all." Samaira continued in the same tone ignoring the kick this time because she had better things to deal with, seething at her brother Adithya for the umpteenth time as she packed her bags, stomping from one side to the other picking her stuff, arranging them in order and packing the essentials.

"It's Appa's wish, Samai." He said in a soft tone this time as if it would change her mind.

"It's not Appa's wish. You and I know it." She snapped lowly keeping her voice in check as she stuffed her bag with things for the day.

Her brother's disapproved sigh was followed by her comment.

"Samai, stop being a brat for once," Adithya murmured keeping an eye on the door, making sure his wife didn't hear that or he would have an earful from her for rebuking his sister.

I don't know when my sister made it to the top of the favourite people list of Nithya, his wife.

Samaira snapped her head towards her brother offended, glaring at him hard.

"I am not." She gritted taking a step toward him.

Just then the door to her room opened. Her sister-in-law walked in with a lunch box and a plate of breakfast and placed them on Samaira's study table before walking back.

Immediately Adithya and Samaira ceased talking as they stared at each other hard.

Just when they assumed she was leaving, her sister-in-law locked the door and faced them with her hands on her hips before speaking.

"Why are you bothering her in the morning as she heads to work? Let her go with peace of mind," scolded Nithya, taking her sister-in-law's side against her husband.

Adithya looked at Nithya in disbelief and Samaira had a triumphant smile on her face at the turn of tables.

"Apadi Sollunga, Anni." (That's Right Sister-in-law) Samaira high-fived Nithya grinning gleefully and turned to go get changed while the couple continued their argument.

"Nithya!" Adithya uttered exasperated raising his hands as he glared at his wife.

"Watch your tone and eyes. Or you will be sleeping in the living room, again." Nithya said pointing a finger at him.