17 | Worlds Collide

November Bangalore, India

November
Bangalore, India

Aryan's POV

"Rhea Singhania?" I inquire, glancing back at my assistant who confirms it with a nod.

"How exactly did it happen?" I ask, intertwining my fingers and resting them on the table, awaiting further explanation.

He proceeds to recount every detail of the accident scene, including the footage from the CCTV cameras on the street. It seems like an attempted murder, from what he describes.

"Who exactly is trying to kill her?" I query, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "I think it might be a rival of her husband. There have been rumours that they got married because her life was in danger," he responds. My interest is piqued by this new information.

"Husband?" I echo, intrigued. He solemnly confirms and elaborates, "Aarav Singhania. He's a business tycoon, running Singhania Corporation."

"Since when?" I lean forward, eager to grasp the timeline of events. "About 2 to 3 months now. His father had health issues, so he had to take over as CEO. Before that, he was managing their overseas branches," he elaborates.

I absorb the information, trying to connect the dots. "Any previous attacks on the family?" I question, focusing on the paperweight on my desk. "None that I'm aware of," he responds, meeting my gaze.

"I'll dig deeper," he hastily adds upon noticing my intense expression before swiftly exiting my cabin. I'm left to sift through the stack of papers, determined to unravel this mystery.

As I sift through the papers, my mind races with possibilities. The pieces of information provided by my assistant paint a picture of a complex situation. Aarav Singhania's sudden rise to power, coupled with his wife Rhea's brush with death, hints at a deeper conspiracy.

I begin to analyze the details, connecting the dots and forming hypotheses. If Rhea's life was indeed in danger before her marriage to Aarav, it suggests that there are hidden motives at play. Could there be business rivalries, family feuds, or personal vendettas driving these sinister events?

That's suspicious.

As I contemplate the possibilities, a knock interrupts my thoughts, and Vivek rushes into my office, breathless as if he sprinted here.

"What's the matter?" I inquire, closing the file before me.

"Aarav Singhania is on the line. He's eager to speak with a higher authority regarding his wife's accident," Vivek explains, extending the phone toward me. But I hesitate, raising my hand to halt him.

"Who's handling the case?" I query, sensing the need for impartiality.

"Me?" Vivek responds uncertainly.

"Then handle it. I don't want any special treatment," I assert firmly, pulling out a blank sheet of paper to organize my thoughts.

"But-" Vivek begins to protest, but my stern look silences him as he exits my office.