13

(Chapter 13)Special?

(Chapter 13)
Special?

"Normal" - Human tongue
"Dragonese" - Dragon's tongue

~*~

Author POV

Cadel was not sure what to think at this point in time. When he had taken Jimin to be his personal apprentice, he had admired the rebellious nature of the young boy. Despite only being 15 years old he had a good head on his shoulders and a great mind to go with it too. 

But when he had tamed the dragon, or Taehyung as he affectionately calls it, Cadel had been sure what to think. He had seen dragons tear up the world before him, on the battlefield they were indestructible beasts. Their scales repelling weapons and fire, they could hide and attack from above with scarily good accuracy. 

But in a matter of three days Jimin had the dragon practically rolling over like a loyal dog. Cadel had no idea how he did it, perhaps the young mind of a dragon was more susceptible to obey a human, but it seemed unlikely, well at least to the level Jimin had managed. 

Just when Cadel had thought the strange nature of the boy was finished, he had come into the camp eager eyed to become a knight of the kingdom. Then immediately afterwards he had brought a young unruly dragon to perfect submission in a matter of minutes. A dragon they had captured weeks ago and were yet to calm down. 

To anyone else in the camp it may seem like Taehyung, Jimin's dragon counterpart, may have calmed his kin. With the happy sounds that came from the half shifted dragon, ones that were replicated by the other dragon on a louder scale since they were still full shift.

But even if it had been Taehyung who calmed the dragon, it didn't make sense how Jimin was petting its snout. Why would the dragon allow that when it had viciously fought anyone who has tried to approach them since its capture.

It didn't make sense at all in Cadel's mind.

But was he going to tell anyone this? No he wasn't.

Jimin was a strange anomaly. Cadel wanted to figure him out, see how he tamed dragon's as simple as he did. He wouldn't be able to do that if he reported Jimin for his strange ability. Being his personal mentor would give him an advantage. 

He would get to the bottom of this mystery no matter what came his way.

~*~

Aife found the boy strange. She had been working with dragons from a young age, she had been born into the capital to parents who were in or retired from the military. So she naturally excelled above her classmates in regards to fighting and combat strategy. 

She had gotten onto the riders programme around the age Jimin was now. She had been given a young hatchling, the beautiful silver dragon she still rode to this day. Inno her dragon counterpart was vicious and Aife still found herself intimidated by the silver beast.

She remembers from the riders programme some people had better connections with their dragons quicker than others. But that had still been tenuous and the dragons still snapped on occasion. They still do to this day, especially when you wake them up.

But never in her life and time working with dragons had she seen the great beasts bow their head so easily to a human's hands. Jimin seemed to hold no fear for the unruly dragon before him, had merely raised his hands in a surrendering position and the dragon had practically collapsed at his feet, trusting and willing to obey.

It was impressive, but also very unnerving the way he looked like he expected it to happen. His facial features had given nothing away, perfectly calm and collected. Like he could predict the outcome of the situation. 

Aife wasn't sure what was more intimidating. His calm exterior or his ability to manipulate the dragon's to his will.

~*~

The golden dragon's form shrunk down till he was standing humanoid before Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin pulled his hand back as Taehyung and Hoseok as Jimin had heard his dragon friend call out began to communicate in the guttural language of the dragons. 

Hoseok frowned, he reached out his hand and grabbed Jimin's. Putting the human's hand on his head, resting against his hair between his prominent green horns. He made a gesture with his hands, Jimin picked up on it and ruffled the dragon's hair. Like had been doing to the dragon's snout before. The dragon practically melted at the touch. 

"Jimin" Cadel's voice carried to him. The human turned to the captain of the knights. 

"Yes sir?" he responded.

"How?" The knight looked at him with awe.

"I'm sorry sir, I acted without thinking. Taehyung rushed first, I was scared for him" it was a perfectly believable story. Anyone travelling with the human dragon pair knew they had developed a strong bond on their journey. 

In the moment he had turned around Jimin didn't see the other knights move. They were going to take advantage of the dragon in a vulnerable humanoid form. Hoseok could barely react when the piece of metal locked around his neck. 

Jimin turned at the sound of the dragon's alarm. But before he could protest Cadel stopped him.

"Don't the collar has magic in it, it prevents the dragon shifting and any disasters that could occur from it. It is safe and makes us safe too" Cadel explained.

But all Jimin could hear was Hoseok screeching. The noise coming from his mouth was unintelligible to the other humans, but Jimin could hear every word of pain and confusion from the young dragon's mouth.

"Why? Hurts, hurts" Hoseok's hands were gripping at the metal collar, trying to pull it off to no avail.

"Its okay, its okay" Jimin reached out a hand, Hoseok without thinking went towards the source of comfort he wanted.

He curled into Jimin's chest, letting the human wrap him up into a fiercely warm hug. It was comforting. Unlike before when Jimin could comfort Taehyung with the trilling noise on the busy street, here it was too dangerous, they had too much attention on them. 

But Hoseok didn't mind, he was safe in his King's arms. There was no safer place to be than here.

~*~

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter