17

(Chapter 17)The darkness 

(Chapter 17)
The darkness 

"Normal" - Human tongue
"Dragonese" - Dragon's language

~*~

Author POV

The moment the chosen had awoken, they had been tended to with such care and devotion. For the chosen were their future, each had a role to play in the future freedom of the dragon species. 

The moment they were old enough to walk, begin to spread out baby wings that would remain too weak to carry them till they reached their teen years. They had been separated at this young age for their protection, each hatchling was taken to a different hidden colony, they hoped by separating them it would bring a safer upbringing. 

Each chosen dragon had its gift, something unique to them, to enhance their power and to aid them in helping their King. 

Jin the blue scaled hatchling went to a sea colony, where his runic symbol on his forehead would serve him well. His water control was enhanced to a deadly degree, a tsunami sized wave to be called to his side should he command it. 

To the mountainous area went Hoseok and Yoongi, one to the mountain sides, the other to the glacial slopes and icy peaks. Hoseok the golden hatchling with the gift to move the earth at his will, shaping the mountains to his own unique tune.

The golden hatchling Hoseok went missing from his colony several months ago, he is yet to be discovered by his colony.

Yoongi the white scaled hatchling with breath like frost, able to turn any swift river to the sharpest icy ravines. He remained in the mountains unlike the other chosen, his cold gaze looked for his nest mate anytime he was allowed to take flight.

To the volcanic colony went Jungkook the red scaled hatchling, the fire and lava bending to will of the youngest hatchling of the chosen. Jungkook had the fiery temper to go with the gift he wielded, he was often running off in search of adventure. 

Namjoon was the level headed hatchling who went to the pine forests at the base of the mountains, where the nature would listen to his call, weaving their way around him like ivy vines. 

Taehyung the electric hatchling went to the mountains as well, they remained closest to the clouds where he could summon storms without interruption. He had gone missing many months ago, and was yet to be discovered.

~*~

"What should be do elder?" The question was directed at one of the oldest dragons within the colony.

"We need to call the council. Two of the chosen have gone missing within a few months of one another. No dragon knows of their location" the elder sighed, it was long and drawn out.