(Chapter 27)Who's King now?

(Chapter 27)
Who's King now?

'Normal' - Human tongue
'Dragonese' - Dragon's tongue

~*~
Author POV

Jimin's breathing came rapidly as he dodged the attack, Taehyung roared in anger the sound went rumbling through the stands raising the hairs upon the spectator's necks. 

Another breath of fire came hurtling at Jimin, hot enough to char a person in a matter of seconds, he dropped into a low roll barely feeling the heat singeing his clothing. His eyes were alight, focused entirely upon his opponent. 

"Taehyung now!" Jimin commanded barely keeping his voice from taking on the dragon's tongue, it was natural to want to but this was not the time nor situation.

Simply because this battle was before the false King and Jimin needed to keep his cards to his chest. 

~*~

30 minutes earlier...

Jimin shifted nervously about, they had announced what the final test would be that day. A duel between the hopeful new riders and the current riders. The names were picked randomly from a bowl to avoid unfair pairings. The aim of the fight was to show battle combat against a skilled fighter and the king and some judges would decide the fate of the hopeful rider.

Jimin grimaced as the hopeful rider collided with the ground, their dragon crashing to the dusty arena, exhausted. He was going after the next 2 people, he was unsure of who his opponent would be currently. But it appeared as if the fight was over for the current rider, a dismissal was heard.

Jimin watched as the next rider went to face the trial, Taehyung was seemingly less nervous than the human was. He was reclining on the floor, apparently the dragon liked the dust it helped him clean in between his scales, despite being in his humanoid form his scaled tail was sweeping the dust side to side as he relaxed. 

"How are you so calm?" Jimin leant down watching Taehyung's luminous eyes open. 

"I do not care for the false King's opinion therefore there is nothing to worry about" Taehyung said casually, his tail sweeping a swift arc. 

"We must keep our opinion of the King hidden, this is not a safe place" Jimin whispered, Taehyung inclined his head showing his understanding. 

So Jimin sat down, running his hands through Taehyung's hair in a constant rhythm to calm himself. Taehyung didn't mind especially when Jimin scratched around the bases of his horns, something that always made him collapse into a puddle of goo. 

They didn't notice the time passing, too absorbed within each other, until Jimin's name being called out snapped them out of their reverie. Taehyung reached a hand up to cup Jimin's cheek.

"We will succeed" it was muttered low and quiet in the dragon's tongue, Jimin nodded before they both clambered to their feet. 

~*~

Standing at the entrance to the arena was nerve wracking, Jimin had never brought Taehyung into a battle situation before. Taehyung had fought before but not like this, this was for show not survival. Arguably it could be both based on their main audience, the false King. 

Jimin walked into the arena and the crowd cheered when they heard the name of his opponent, it was someone unfamiliar to Jimin. The man possessed a strong build, strong with unyielding eyes. Jimin inclined his head in respect, surprisingly the man did too. 

"Mount your dragons" came the call out to the fighters. Jimin grumbled under his throat about dragons not being pets to command, but he looked to Taehyung who nodded.

Taehyung's form shifted and changed until he became the purple dragon Jimin had come to know and love. Surprisingly, Taehyung was bigger than the other rider's dragon. Taehyung let out a eardrum bursting roar that had most covering their ears due to the sound. 

Jimin watched as the man saddled up his dragon, it was a pale blue with indigo horns. The scales looked worn down clearly a dragon who had been ridden into battle many times. The man looked perplexed as Jimin clambered onto Taehyung's back without a saddle. 

"Begin" the battle was till knock out or the opponent being unable to continue without a fatal occurrence. 

Jimin's eyes briefly scanned the crowd, it landed upon the area the King was clearly occupying. He could not see the King from where he was, but he knew he was there. Something deep in his gut told him that. 

~*~

"That rider, who is he?" the man reclined, a heavily scarred arm rested upon the ornate throne. 

"His name is Jimin Park, a rider training under Cadel and Aife" his attendant read from the parchment. 

"Interesting." the man took a sip of his wine, but soon he found himself sitting upright. 

Jimin was vicious that much was clear, the command he possessed over his dragon was concrete and strict. The dragon obeyed without question. 

Aiken was losing, he was one of the King's best men. But he was losing that much was obvious. 

The King continued only inching further and further to the edge of his seat. Enraptured by the fight before him. 

That is when he saw it.

The rune marking upon the dragon's forehead. 

Very few knew of the prophecy, it was one only dragon's spoke of. But the King had his ways of getting things that shouldn't be obtainable. The dragon's whispered and spat at him, they called him the false King, that much he knew. 

They spoke of their true King, a human born with a dragon's heart. One who would tame the six rune bound dragons and rule fair and just over both human and dragon alike. 

The King had obsessed over everything he could find on this 'true king', he had to know his enemy, the one who would bring the so called end of his rule. But it would seem the 'true king' had brought himself to the King's very doorstep. 

The King watched as the young rider, Jimin, commanded his dragon to collide with Aiken's ride and pin the pale blue dragon to the earth. His own dragon's jaw wrapped around the oppositions throat, a sure and clear win. The first one of the day.

"He passes. I want you to arrange a meeting between us. I see potential in him" the King reclined back in his chair, and his mind began to work.

~*~

So the King is here.

What do we think?

What do you predict will happen?

I hope you all liked the chapter, the story is really going to start to get going plot wise. We'll start getting more appearances of the other dragons soon don't worry.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,

Winter