2.02 | to seabrook they go

SOUNDS LIKE NOT MY PROBLEM.

A young man in a set of Seabrook Construction coveralls walked around Zombietown, those around him completely unaware of what he was

A young man in a set of Seabrook Construction coveralls walked around Zombietown, those around him completely unaware of what he was. Ironically, an alarm was sounding as a warning message repeated over and over, advising the people to take shelter.

"Attention all citizens. Monster laws have been reinstated. All curfews will be strictly enforced. Attention all citizens. Werewolves have been sighted in the area. Take cover immediately. Keep children and pets inside."

Though Wyatt was on a mission to learn the aftereffects of his pack revealing themselves to the white-haired girl, that didn't mean he didn't get distracted easily. So, when he passed some kind of metal cart with colorful treats called 'fro-yo,' his interest was piqued. However, as soon as he stepped up to try and get some to eat, the owner of the cart, who was dressed head to toe in pink, shook his head furiously.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. We're closed — for good. Dreams of fro-yo success melted away," Coach said while closing down his cart, hiding away the frozen yogurt from the wolf that'd never tried it. "With monsters everywhere — look, I like zombies. They like fro-yo. But werewolves like human flesh. Maybe with sprinkles. Everybody likes sprinkles."

Wyatt frowned deeply, knowing for a fact he'd never eaten human flesh. Sure, they were predatory creatures, insanely territorial, and yeah, dog-like at times, but they did kill people anymore. But he couldn't say that as Coach continued to yell.

"Just run. High knees, run!" he screamed while pushing his cart away at top speed.

Wyatt was prepared to head back into the forest and tell the pack about the uproar they'd caused. But as he continued to move through Zombietown, he caught a scent for the second time in one day, one that sent his insides into a frenzy. Wyatt found himself tracking her without actually telling his feet to move.

Carson was holding Zoey up on her shoulders, giving her the height to nail one of her 'Wanted: Werefriend' posters on a wooden telephone pole. She'd been beside her as she made rounds around the town, hanging up many hand-drawn signs. They were almost circled back to the Necrodopolis house, which was good, as Zevon wanted Zoey home well before dark.

"How many you got left?" Carson asked, continuing to walk with Zoey on her shoulders as they looked for more suitable places for flyers.

"Just one," Zoey said, waving her drawing around. "Can we put it by the bus stop? That way everyone will see on the way to school tomorrow."

"You go it," she said, leading her that way.

"I like being this tall," Zoey noted with a grin while looking around. She kept a hand in Carson's hair to help steady her balance. "You should carry me everywhere like this."

It made Carson laugh, knowing no one would say anything to Zoey if she did travel this way from now on. "I see. Puppy's not big enough for you to ride, so you're using me. I knew Zed should've gotten you a bigger dog."