2.08 | prawn night

BUCKY, WHERE'S YOUR SISTER?

Zed cautiously entered the werewolf den and looked around

Zed cautiously entered the werewolf den and looked around. Sick wolves were strewn everywhere, coughing and looking half-dead already. It'd only been a full day since Seabrook Power was destroyed, but they'd been living on borrowed time for far longer, and it was catching up to them as they lost hope.

The zombie spotted Wyatt wrapping a thick blanket around someone's shoulder while Willa gave some food to a were-pup. But they came to him quickly, as it was easy to notice when someone who wasn't a wolf infiltrated their den.

"Hi," Zed said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "They were wrong to destroy Seabrook Power, and I was wrong about werewolves. You have every right to fight for who you are."

"Yeah, but what are we now, zombie?" Wyatt asked bitterly.

"You're fierce, proud werewolves," he told them.

Willa scoffed at that. They didn't think they were very fierce as they were slowly dying. "Yeah, they think we're monsters."

"We are monsters," Zed said, smiling. Then he looked around. "Eliza and I have a plan. Where's Carson? She can help, but she wasn't at school."

"She's been here, helping," Willa explained. Then she looked around at her pack. "The blankets are enchanted to stay warm, and she brought fro-yo for the kids that wouldn't melt. And having her here has made Wyatt feel well enough to help out for the ones that are sicker."

"Did she run out for more supplies?" Zed asked.

"Nah, I, um, I told her to go to Prawn," Wyatt said sadly. "I wanted her to try and have fun. There was... a lot of bickering but she gave in and went. She'll be back after."

"Carson, the most stubborn Taurus I've ever met in my life, gave in and decided to go to a dance instead of spending as much time as she could with her dying boyfriend and friends?" Zed asked, his eyes wide. "No way."

"Look, she's the only non-human allowed, and I think it's important she show up. Besides, before we got sick, she'd been talking about how excited she was. I wasn't gonna have her miss it," he replied, unbothered by Carson's absence.

Though Zed was still a bit skeptical, he still knew he could go ahead with his plan. "Well, then, let's make sure Carson has a date."

Wyatt growled jealously at that and glared at Zed. "If you think for even a second I'd allow someone else to take her as their date—"

Willa placed a hand on Wyatt's chest and rolled her eyes. "I don't think that's what he meant, brother."

☽︎

Bucky and the Aceys were on cloud nine as they stood outside the gym, which was decorated for Prawn. They were dressed in coordinated, sparking suits, and knew they'd be the most fashionable.