01. Being the New Girl

- Georgia Monroe - 

- Georgia Monroe - 

"So, class, that will be it for today. You have to complete the 4 worksheets listed by tomorrow morning at 8am"

Day one and clearly the rules were being set out for us.

"Hey, new girl!" a sickly-sweet voice called. I hated all of this so much; I just wanted people to stop talking to me. "Yes?" I put up the fakest smile anyone had ever seen.

"Why don't you come and sit with us at lunch?" she questioned. Looking over her, I wanted to say no. She was like all those girls that would throw themselves at my brothers, using me to get to them.

"Uhm sure" I muttered, following her out of the classroom and towards the cafeteria.

This place was filled with the dark oak colour; the doors, the desks, even some of the walls. It was similar to my old girl, with the high ceilings and the old interior, but this school was even older than my grandfather.

I hadn't even slept here yet, and I was already feeling homesick. Nope, I can't do this. I have to do this for Alessandro and Ace, they would be proud of me.

"So, where are you from?" the girl asked as we sat down at the table. I sat on the edge as an easy escape from all of these plastic barbie girls.

I could smell the fake tan and see the big thick eyelashes. How do they have the time and effort to do all of that? Does it make their eyelids heavy? I wonder.

"Uhm, I came from New York" I responded, seeing all of their faces scrunch up in distaste. "You must be rich then. Did you get kicked out or something?" first of all, that was insulting, but we are rich and second of all, I did not get kicked out. That is one way to assume something about someone.

"No, I did not get kicked out" they didn't need to know any more information beyond that. I had sworn to my brothers I wouldn't reveal anything about our private lives.

"So, you're a Monroe, right?" she only gave me a chance to nod before continuing with her insult. "Don't you think you aren't the rich snobs you used to be in New York? Like, none of you have power here anymore, so I think you should stop being so stuck up"

Wait, since when was I stuck up. "Ok" I just went along with them. I knew that if I ruined it with these girls, then I would be done for. No one would want to be friends with me. "I just need to go check something; I'll be back" I was not coming back.

I could hear their snickers when I started to walk away. I should have known that they would never want to be friends with me. I wasn't 'cool' enough you could say.

I had noticed Leo looking for me in the cafeteria. I had promised to sit with him today, so I walked over to him. "Can we not sit in here?" I didn't even wait for his response as I dragged him out of the cafeteria. It was day one and this school was already suffocating me.