03. Hoping

- Georgia Monroe - 

- Georgia Monroe - 

"Lights out!" a voice sneered, causing me to throw the sheets over my head. I was not ready to be scolded, rather wanting to be anywhere but here.

I heard a door click shut, enveloping the room in silence for a few moments before it was broken with giggles. I hadn't giggled in a while. I peeked up from the duvet, noticing that all the girls in my dorm were laughing at me.

Perfect.

"Georgia, we don't have to go to bed yet" the brunette girl called out. She had stopped laughing and had walked slowly over to my bed. She sat down on the end of it, making sure to give me room. "I'm Rory, but the girls call me Ria for some reason"

I smiled at her, sitting up more. "I'm Georgia, as I presume you already know that." The other two girls had finally stopped laughing and they came and sat on the floor in front of my bed. "I'm Layla and that's Taylor" the blonde girl, Layla, had her feet on Taylor's lap, didn't seemed bothered by the girl that was trying to get her legs off of her.

"Nice to meet you all" I muttered, feeling small under their scrutinizing gazes. I wish Lawrence or someone was here with me. "Nice to meet you too. The other girl who shared the dorm with us, left for some odd reason. You can join our group. It's only us" the other brunette girl, Taylor, spoke.

Maybe I had found somewhere where I felt like I belonged. They didn't identify me as the girl who came from New York and that her house had burnt down. They didn't know that I had a dysfunctional and crazy family at home.

They identified me as the girl that they wanted in their group. They didn't push me away like other people had, rather pulling me along with them. "Come on" I hadn't noticed that Taylor and Layla had gotten up and were about to climb out the window.

"Where are we going?" I whispered, pulling the sheets from my body. These girls were confusing me. "It's tradition that the three, now four, of us walk along the beach line on the first night back from winter holidays"

And with that, we were climbing out the windows and heading towards the beach. I didn't care if I was going to get caught or that my brothers would care, I did it because I wanted too. Not because Camila had forced me or that I was being dragged by a brother.

I did it for me and my new friends.

---