Chapter 8

--------------------------------------------
O̳̿͟͞c̳̿͟͞t̳̿͟͞o̳̿͟͞b̳̿͟͞e̳̿͟͞r̳̿͟͞ 1̳̿͟͞9̳̿͟͞, 1̳̿͟͞9̳̿͟͞9̳̿͟͞9̳̿͟͞
--------------------------------------------

*Buzz*

*bzzzzzzzt*

*brrrrrrrrt*

I groggily snapped open my eyes; searching for the buzzing. I grasped the pink burner phone next to my ear
that Doppio had gifted me.
"H-Hello..?" I tiredly spoke out.

"Hey, it's me Doppio," he cheerily says. "Did I wake you?" I grunted out in annoyance as I looked at the clock. 'Why does he have to call me around {5:00 am}!?'

I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the blurriness. I cleared my throat before speaking. "N-no, I uh..been awake."
I quickly reply.

"Well, I called to see if you'd still take the offer of meeting me still...?"
he gleefully spoke out. "I also told the boss about you, he seemed thrilled so far!" My eyes widened from the information.

"Wait, you talked to him!?! The big cheese?" Doppio chuckles after hearing how surprised I sounded. "Yes, the big cheese...and by the way, if you still want to join we're going to visit someone."

I sat up from my bed with a giant smile. "Who is this mystery person you keep mentioning?" Doppio shushes me as he continued.
"You'll find out soon, I'll also send you the coordinates when I'm ready."

The phone hangs up; which makes me spring up from the bed making a loud thud. I look to see my foot tangled up by my blanket, which causes me to quickly unwrap it. 'I'm so clumsy... it's embarrassing...'

I quickly try to scramble my way up after the little ordeal I had. My head shot up a bit after I heard a small *ping* from the burner phone. "Already...? That seemed fast..."

I mumbled to myself as checked the exact location he sent me. "Why..do I have to meet him at a prison?" I look at the coordinates confused.

'Hopefully, Doppio explains..' I sigh as I throw on my oversized black skull hoodie along with my baggy grey cargo pants. 'I'm tired as shit...so I'm hoping to get this done quick...' I leave my hair down and messy since I had no motivation to brush it.

I pocketed my burner phone and silently headed out of my room. I quickly headed downstairs and to the front door. As I was about to open the door I hear a sharp "Ahem." which made me turn slowly towards the voice. 

I saw Prosciutto, who was holding a closed bottle of wine. "Bro, uh...I'm just going on a walk..haha..."
I chuckle nervously.

Prosciutto glanced at the clock with a raised brow. "It's {5:30 am} you're never awake at this hour." I stiffened up a bit after he stepped closer to me. "vuoi che metta del sapone nella tua bocca da bugiarda?" he sternly said, grabbing dish soap.

I shook my head no; stepping away from him. "I'll tell you...please don't be mad..." I begged him. He placed down the dish soap; waiting for me to spit out my words.

"I'm meeting with Doppio..." I nervously tug on my sleeves as I explained. "I helped him awhile back... And I kinda asked what Passione was..." Prosciutto tensed as
I went on.

"I know you're hitman for the mafia..but that doesn't bother me. I'm interested in joining because I feel like it would benefit me and I kinda want to learn more about my stand..." I give him a timid glance to see his expression; which was unreadable.