Character List

Mahogany - Mahogany is a human living in the magical town of Pandemonium, Oregon, in the Pacific North West who has discovered that she may have supernatural abilities. It turns out that there are lots of secrets Mahogany has yet to uncover. Physical description - Dark skin, curly hair (usually dyed pink), and dark brown eyes.

Evelina Moore - A wingless fae and best friend to Mahogany. Never mincing words, Evelina tells it like it is, even if she may step on a few toes in the process. She works at Hot Brews, Pandemonium's café. Physical description - long blond hair that shines like gold, violet eyes, and a snarky half smile.

Tony Applegate - The not-so-new human guy in town and Mahogany's crush. Originally from San Francisco, California, Tony moved to Pandemonium after his wizard uncle died. Tony took over his house and now works at Backmasking, the local record store. Physical description - half white and half Japanese. Tony has golden skin, thick black hair, and hazel eyes.

Guy Miller - Mahogany's dorky ghost. He was murdered in book one, and Mahogany solved his murder. Anticipating that he would cross over once his death was avenged, everyone was surprised when Guy stuck around. Physical description - tall and skinny and pale, with shaggy brown hair and light brown eyes.

Bazgul - Mahogany's familiar and long-time companion. Bazgul is a lesser demon that takes the shape of a giant spider but can shape-shift into anything small. He can transform into a mist that can slip through cracks in windows and doorways. He's also super jelly of Tony. Physical description - usually a giant harry tarantula, but also a kitten and occasionally a squirrel.

Neema - Mahogany's abductor who switched her with a changeling as a baby. She brought Mahogany to Pandemonium as a child, and they have lived there ever since. A powerful wortcunner, Neema is a healer and enchanter. She also harbors some deep, dark secrets. Owner of the Haughty Hemlock apothecary. Physical description - Mid-fifties, with an olive complexion, dark hair with a white streak in the front, and curvy figure.

Euryale and Sethno - The immortal Gorgon sisters to Medusa. Euryale and Sethno own the statuary shop called Humbaba. Mahogany helps Euryale, who becomes her loyal friend. Physical description - scaly skin, curly hair that slithers when not looked at directly, olive skin.

Blair Sato - New to town, she has a bombshell to drop about Tony. Physical description - Chinese American, golden skin, long black hair, brown eyes.

Matt Hader - President of the Pandemonium Clock Tower Committee. Married to Saree Fenquoth and obsessed with timepieces. Physical description - Shor, stout, with wild gray hair, usually wearing a short, top hat and waistcoat with a pocket watch.

Saree Fenquoth - Wife of Matt Hader. She hates the clock tower and is jealous of how much Matt spends at the clock, polishing the glass and oiling the gears. It's been a long since he oiled her gears and polished her glass: physical description - Short, plump, black hair, and blood-red lipstick.

R. Whitebait - Angry Pandemonium resident. RW starts a petition to change the clock tower chime from every hour to only between 7 am and 7 pm. Hates Matt and his dumb clock tower. Physical description - Tall, thin, shock of white hair that stands up on his head like a mad scientist.

Lilac Dilldaini -  The demure wife of RW. She's prim, proper, and always dressed impeccably. She helps RW get his petition signed but seems indifferent to the clock and its chimes. Physical description - Blond hair, blue eyes, and likes to wear ruffles in blue and white.

Ace Hitchens - Business partner to Cam Herrah at the Poisoned Pen. Ace has a gambling problem and is in deep with the Reemus Brothers, a pair of werewolves bookies. Physical description - Tall with a runner's body. Brown hair with streaks of grey and brown eyes.

Cam Herrah - Co-owns the Poisoned Pen bookshop with Ace Hitchens. Cam is a nerd through and through and always has a recommendation for board games or fantasy novels. Physical description - Tall and fluffy with thinning hair and a round face that can't grow a beard.

Dimitri St. Martin - Runs Gothmother's Salon. Voodoo Priest with a penchant for making people look amazing. Grew up in Bridgetown, Barbados. Mother was a healer, tailor, and voodoo practitioner. Physical description - dark skin with long dreadlocks. A lovely island accent and knows how to handle a coconut.

_________

I will begin posting chapters in December 2022 weekly.

If you can't wait, head to my Patreon page, AllThatGlittersIsProse, and join the Book Club to read the whole book. Link at the end of this chapter.

You can join me on Twitch at AllThatGlitterIsProse while I write, edit, chat, and play games.