Day 2: Super

There were times when Eugene felt like he didn't belong in his friend group. He felt like he was a burden that constantly needed to be protected. Everyone else was strong and could fight. Gray, even though he was physically weak, was able to use his brain to make up for it.

Eugene didn't have the brawn nor the brains to win a fight. The only thing he had more than Gray was physical endurance. He had been bullied his entire life, so Eugene was used to taking hits. 

One day, while walking to cram school with Gray, Gray suddenly spoke up. "You're strong, Eugene," 

"H-Huh!?" Eugene was caught off guard by the sudden statement. "Gray, I'm not strong at all. I can't even win in any fights like you..."

"You've provided the group with info," Gray listed. "You reached out to me and helped me, even though you knew you could be targeted in the process," Even though they hadn't been close back then, Eugene had still given Gray some items to help remove the marker stain on his uniform. Gray recalled another moment when Eugene showed such courage.

"Gray! I'll...I'll go with you. I may not be able to help at all, but I still want to go! I've been beaten up more than I can even remember through the years. So I pride myself on being able to take some hits,"

"You'll only hold me back. This is my business. Stay out of it,"

But Eugene had still followed Gray. He had even tackled someone who had been planning on attacking Gray from behind.

"When those Hyeongshin bastards were looking for the White Mamba, you didn't rat me out," Gray added.

"Don't get involved...All I need to do is buy some time..."

"Eu-Eugene!" 

Even while he was getting beaten by Donkey, Eugene still kept his mouth shut, knowing that if he exposed his friend then Gray would be completely outnumbered.

"You also stood up to Wolf Keum and his subordinates,"

Eugene headbutted Sir Lee to escape his hold. "Stop it...why are you guys ganging up on people? We didn't do anything to you guys...so why?"

"Ha...so persistent,"

"I told you to hold him tight,"

"YOU FREAKING MORONS!" Eugene attempted to charged at them, but was easily restrained.

"Eugene, you're strong in your own way," Gray told him. 

Eugene had the strength to be brave. He had the strength to fight back and stand up to his enemies, even though the odds are always against him. Not all heroes fought on the frontline, and Eugene was a superhero in his own way.

Eugene reminded Gray of someone from middle school, the one of student who wasn't an asshole besides himself and Stephen. Eugene reminded Gray of Jeremy Park.

In case you forgot, Jeremy Park is the guy who showed Gray the group chat Bryce had created where the entire class was insulting Gray and Stephen behind their backs even though Bryce said no one is to tell them. If Bryce or Oswald ever finds out that he told them, he'd most likely become the next target.
Jeremy was also the one who sent Gray messages about Stephen falling from the roof and told him which hospital he was in.