A Little Monster Trouble

Ok, so before you start reading I'mma just drop a quick history lesson on all of you about warships. Back during the early 1920s roughy the start of the year. A certain admiral had come up with the idea of building warships with only 12 inch guns while ignoring all pre-existing warship designs at the time.

Now, some of you might be wondering who this mad lad of an admiral is? Well, if you read the last chapter I gave a small hint as to who that man is. As for the ship, the admiral was given the go ahead and constructed the first every battleship class to exist. To this very day, that battleship name was HMS Dreadnought.

Sporting the biggest guns, having a great speed (At the time), impenetrable armour, and having the highest killing potential on sea. The Dreadnoughts rendered all current aged ships, which relied on a vast array of 5 inch, 8 inch, and two 12 inch guns, completely uesless. This also mean't that any number of ships for any country that has a large navy, that weren't a dreadnought, suddenly became obsolete and useless in any kind of navel engagement.

This also mean't that any nation with the industry and man power could also build these new super battleships and fight toe to toe with old navel powers like the UK. So in other words, whenever you hear me describe a ship as pre-dreadnought or PD just know I'm referring to those ships, and any ship that is like a dreadnought will either be named or have the prefix DB or BB which stands for dreadnought battleship or battleship respectively.

Ok, with that out of the way I hope you all have a great time and please enjoy the story.

It was cold, windy, and rough as a massive from took to the seas. Its bow cutting the waves as rain and ice fell down atop the deck of the ship. It's from splits the waves as salt water rains down with the already heavy downpour of water. On the deck of this hulking best lay a set of massive guns. These guns were so large that a human could fit inside the barrel. The ship even had a tower that looked down at the sea with what could be described as an almost all seeing eye.

The grey out skies could only give a rough outline of the ship, though it was still enough to see it. It's dark from looked like a shadow as it cut through the waves and ice that littered the waking oceans. Fairly claim in all aspects of the ships, that is until the main guns all began to rotate. Slowly, the steady and low hum of electronics could be heard as the turrets traverses. The clicking of gears could also be heard as the barrels of each gun slowly raised up to aim toward the sky.

All turrets soon stopped their motion to aim toward the port-side of the ship. Nothing happened for a long period of time, though it was all gone within a flash when a waking boom was heard from the mighty ships guns.

Note: Ignore the splashes, just focus on the gun sound since I'm too lazy to write it down.

Slowly, the ship lowered its guns as the insides of the turrets began to work as steam was exhausted and gears turned. In less than a few seconds a new shell with powder was loaded into the guns and the turrets soon raised up once more and fired all the same. The process repeated itself over the course of a few minutes with the battleship firing its guns and then reloading them to quickly fire yet again.

The whole process was very normal for a ship of its time, though what wasn't normal was the lack of crew for the said ship. The guns, halls, and even the mess hall were kitchen staff should be stationed at were all missing. Yet, the ship functioned as if it was fully crewed. Though, one part of the ship wasn't entirely abandoned.