A Hero Is Needed

Hey, here's a chapter, no Bismarck though. . . Big sad

A storm was raging on the outside, stone walls and glowing candles were seen as rows upon rows of wooden benches take up the dimly lit space. It was a church, though it had something that made it look different. In a christian style church, there was no sign of the cross, no abrahamic faith symbols or artifacts. Instead, there was a stone depiction of some sort of angle.

In white stone, an angle holding a sword and shield could be seen. The statue looked female as it gave a gentle closed eyed smile. It was also dressed in Rome style vision as wings protruded out from the back and a crown of branches settled on the head of the statue. The statues figure was mostly concealed by the darkness.

However, with the poor light, the figure of a man dressed in heavy robs could be seen kneeing at the foot of the statue. Their hands clasped together while praying to the statue. The figure's face was mostly covered by darkness, however small parts of their face could be seen but not in great detail.

Entering from the grand doors at the foot of the church, another figure in a rob could be seen. Bowing their head in respect, the new figure quietly approached the person praying before bending down. "My lord, preparations for the ritual are ready. Shall we commence?"

Without moving or speaking, the figure remained silent as they prayed to the statue. A moment later, the figure began to move and stood up tall while removing their hood. With long black hair, a matching coloured beard, and eyes that showed an unwavering amount of faith was the supposed 'lord'.

 With long black hair, a matching coloured beard, and eyes that showed an unwavering amount of faith was the supposed 'lord'

Moving his hands behind his back, the old man turned and began walking out of the church. "You shall, but remember to do so in great diligence. Signs of the demon are becoming more apparent as this war drags on. You have your orders, now fulfill the will of our goddess."

Bowing his head again, the figure quickly replied. "It shall be done, high lord Rasputin."

Nodding his head, Rasputin moves toward the edge of the church and toward one of the many great windows which adorn the walls of the church. Staring outside and into the storm through the tinted coloured windows, Rasputin could make out the thunders and bolts of power travelling through the clouds. "To live in such a time of war and death, how troubling it is to see a new power raise from those wicked Northern shores."

. . .

"Maann~, everything is just so boring." A young man said as he walked with his legs crooked, bent, and his head held up by his hands as he rested his arms over his shoulders. He was dressed in a high school uniform, patterned pants, dress shirt with a tie, and even a grey over coat to finish the look. "Got anything going on Hibiki?"

Turning to the side, the first high schooler boy turned to look at a boy with black hair and matching eyes who was looking down at his phone. "~~~" Mumbling to himself, Hibiki didn't really give much of a response to the first boy's question.