✔︎𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆: 𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒊𝒓

Scottie's POV

Scottie's POV

The bell chimes as we leave yet another store with our hands filled with bags. Susannah had graciously taken us shopping for the debutante ball and it was starting to feel real.

"Okay, they're called "fascinators, and all the girls will be wearing them," Susannah says.

"I feel like I'm a character from pride and prejudice," I mumble

"Come on scots, It's not that bad" Belly tries to convince me although it seems like she's convincing herself.

"Come on, girls," Susannah says walking into the store. I groan but reluctantly walk into the store. While the fascinators were a pain to pick out the gowns were next on the list.

We were currently at the store shopping for gowns. I and Belly tried on the gowns alternately.

I laughed when Belly twirled in her white puffy dress, "Find your glass slipper yet Cinderella?" I reply while holding back a laugh. Belly tries to glare at me but laughs anyway.

Mum and Susannah share a look before collectively saying "No."

After a collective of 6 dresses that Belly had tried on and the final dress looked very pretty but it didn't feel like it was her. I was bewildered when she chose to go with it but chose not to question it.

Then came my turn.

I laugh at myself in the mirror at how ridiculous this dress looked, It was a white ball gown with ruffles all around it. I walked out of the changing room and made jazz hands.

"I think it's safe to say no?" Bellys says looking at the adults in the room who shake their heads in approval of the decision.

This had been the case for the next three gowns while ultimately the next one was different. The dress was breathtaking. After years of watching 'say yes to the dress, I finally know what feeling they're talking about. The gown was made of satin and had lace that covered my arms and bodice.

I walk out of the changing room.

"Oh my god, honey you look beautiful," Mum said

"This is the one, Dove," Susannah says with excitement shining in her eyes. Belly was shaking her head in approval.

While Belly had graciously let Susannah pick all her clothes, I on the other hand picked my own. I was currently seated in my room with Belly on the bed.