Chapter 8 • First Task

( Jay's POV)

Supernaturals..

Power...

Elements..

" I think I've gon mad" I whispered to myself as I starred at the ceiling lost in thought.

Ms. Mendel thankfully dismissed us right after the..shocking announcement letting us take in this new information.

" Cells that can be genetically modified in doing inhuman acts"

"Each one of you will have your own element"

"And that's the purpose of Oak Wood Highschool, to help you control and discover your element"

Oak Wood Highschool.

Now I know why,

Why the population of Class A students are small

Why there are three divided classes in school

Why Oak Wood Highschool was one of the hardest school to be in.

"It was because of..people like me" I whispered.

Am I even considered a 'people'? I don't know anymore, should I be scared? Happy? Excited? Confused?

I've always wanted to special but
I didn't expect something special like this

" You know what? No, nope I'm not gonna overthink this shit" I stated as I closed my eyes praying that whatever happens in the future...

I'll survive

* * * * * * * *

"Good morning students, how was your sleep?" Ms. Mendel asked as we all remained silent looking at her as if trying to convince ourselves that everything she said last night was nothing but a mere dream.

Not gonna lie, I kinda hope it was too

" Cat got your tongue?" She jokes for the first time, usually we would've laughed at her corny jokes just so we could encourage her into being more happy.

But now, she's a little too happy

It kinda creeps me out

" We're fine" We all said in unison as we stared at each other realizing that, Georgia was the only one who looked excited.

Just proves more that the possibility of last night to have actually happened is 99.9%

"Hmm, maybe I should set up the mood real quick, Georgia would you like to do the honor?" Ms. Mendel asked causing Georgia to laugh nervously.

Whatever she does will either make truth of what Ms. Mendel said last night

Or make a fool out of it

" Uhm..Miss, I don't exactly..know how yet?" Georgia stated causing Ms. Mendel to hum thoughtfully as she opened her bag.

What on earth is she doing..

Suddenly something made out of rubber that had seemed to be a toy frog was thrown at Georgia causing her to yell in fear.

Ms. Mendel seriously still has the time to joke around huh?

"BWAHAHAHA-" Diego's laughing session stopped almost instantly when the room started shaking.

Shaking

"What the fuck" I muttered under my breath as we all stared at each other in horror. 

It's the same earthquake that we experienced last night