Never Again...

Remember the day of your crackdown?

When hundreds of writers, dissidents, propagandists, and advocates of truth were forced to put their pens down, hushing their voices because they fear for themselves.

Do you remember the wails of ailing families because they lost their beloved father, mother, brother, sister, son, and daughter?

Do you remember their names? Do you remember their faces? Or even what they had fought and stood for?

Probably not because all you care about is the establishment of your dear name.

You crave power so much that you have forgotten the people whom you have pledged to serve. You crave wealth that even the treasury that is not supposed to be yours is robbed of by your greed. Treating it as if your investment and personal savings to satisfy your grandiose lifestyle while millions of people die of hunger in the slums of your so-called "well-developed and advanced" country.

But in every injustice and darkness, there will be a light that will illuminate everyone else—the light of the truth that will shout these things will never happen another time, that it will be forever part of a dark history that will be remembered.

I will be that beacon of light if I have to, the first one to say never again and never forget. The first one to say that your regime will go down to be known as the darkest part of this country's history.

I will not put my pen, hush my voice, nor stand down for what I fight for.

Once is already enough, it is time for this country to wake up from all your dirty work.

Never again.

— Alethea