II

This story is mostly just a giant flashback

In the flashbacks, it's 2012 Louis, Long Hair Harry, and Ryan just fictional character.

In current time, it's 2018 Louis and 2021 Harry.

~~

November 8, 2018

Getting out of the shower, I've been fully able to wake up. I dress into a pair of sweats that is far too big on me, but the smell of my boyfriend lingers in them, and I relish in the scent. I walk out from the bathroom and into Ryan's room, seeing him with his face still shoved into the pillow, his naked body covered by the duvet. I walk over to him quietly, bending down and giving him a small peck before he mutters something and rolls over, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm heading out, Ryan," I say softly to help with his headache. He opens his deep brown eyes and grins at me softly, pursing his lips for me to kiss him. As my lips touch his, I melt into the touch and he starts quickening the pace, pulling me towards him by the hips. I chuckle, a hand on his chest as I separate the two of us. "I really have to go, Ry. Love you," I say, still smiling.

"Love ya, babe," he says, his expression matching mine as I walk out and to the front door of his apartment. I quickly put my vans on and head out, beginning my fifteen-minute walk home. There's a bit of a chill in the air, as it's easing into winter. I enjoy it, though, even if my hair is still damp from my shower and now it's only adding to the cold.

I know it's embarrassing for me to not own a car, even at the age of 17. I passed my driver's test with Harry, obviously, but appearantly I've proven I'm too irresponsible for a car, as if Zayn's never stayed out too late or snuck out or gotten pissed at a party. It's alright, though, because I enjoy the walks. Of course, on these walks I have time to think of a certain curly-haired man, but when I wonder if he still thinks of me my mood drops, because he certainly doesn't.

That doesn't matter to me, is what I keep telling myself, because I know that I have Ryan and he's all I really need. Getting home, the sight of mum's car in the driveway is slightly foreign and I realize I've managed to forget that she's been home for the past two days. Walking inside and ready to be greeted by her, an unpleasant scene is what I'm presented. She's got her brows raised in her 'mom stare' and she's holding up my half-empty 20 pack. 

"Care to explain?" I simply roll my eyes, immediately heading towards the stairs. "Louis, how long have you been smoking?"

"How long were you gone?" I ask, knowing well that she was gone basically half a year, give or take a few months.

"I don't want you smoking, it's a dangerous path. You need to stop," she says sternly. I tune her out as she goes on further to explain why it's bad and I slam my door just to make my frustration and annoyance known. I let out a long sigh, feeling the anger in my chest fizzle out at the quiet.

I head over to my desk drawer, taking out my backup pack of cigarettes and lighting it, tossing the rest of the pack onto the desk. I inhale the smoke, the tension in my body easing its way out of my body before I blow it out. I put the cig back into my mouth, holding it there as I open my window and sit on the edge. 

Leaning my back against the side of it, I release the smoke once again and appreciate the peaceful neighborhood in front of me. This is something I like to do often, as it gives me a way to relax. I don't give a fuck what mum says, she doesn't know what the benefits are, and only sees cancer. She hasn't been here for months, and she acts like she can be a mother to me and start parenting like she never left. I'm not even really hers, I don't have to do shit.

I hear a ding and feel a buzz come from the sweatshirt pocket. I take it out, seeing it's from Zayn before unlocking my phone. 

Zayn: I'll be home for Thanksgiving in two weeks xx

I can't think of anything to say and feel a sense of relief fill me knowing I'll get to see him again after months of him being gone, as well. I lock my phone, putting it back into my pocket and not caring if I left in on read as I take another inhale of smoke, counting down the minutes until I get to see my brother again.

~~ 

So that was chapter two! Just a look into Louis' daily life!

How do we feel about the way he's changed just a year or so after the first chapter??

Predictions, feedback, comments, votes, and follows are all appreciated!