5

"We look so stupid!" Exclaimed Maddie as she and Rory were standing blindfolded waiting for Logan "Can he be more late?"

"Calm down we've been here for 5 minutes!"

"Hey beautiful girls, you guys ready?" Without having a chance to answer Logan pulls the two by their arms.

"HIT IT!" Commanded Logan.

"Ah not so loud" Said Finn

"You are very auditorially sensitive today" Said a girl Maddie couldn't recognize.

"Is the blindfold secure?"  Collin asked.

"Secure and in place" Logan responded.

"Our anonymity is crucial Logan!"

"What's wrong with Finn?" Maddie asked.

"Great job with the blindfold Logan!" said Collin disappointed.

"We recognized your voices Collin" Rory explained.

Trying to reach for her cellphone Maddie tapped everything around her util she felt Logan.

"Watch your hands Mads" He said and she was sure he was smirking.

"Can we remove the blindfold now?" Asked Rory.

"No" Answered Logan.

"Why?" She asked resistant.

"Because he is a freaking masochist!" Said Maddie.

Then she felt Logan coming closer to her as he whispers in her ear "Wanna find out?"

"We are also hiding our destination" He proceeded.

"We had to leave in this ungodly hour!" Finn complained.

"It's 4:00 in the afternoon" Rory said.

"He's got a thing about the sun"

"It's too bright"

"Well I agree with you Finn" Maddie said.

"Thank you princess" Replied Finn.

"Oh by the way this thing is overnight" Logan said cutting off.

"Overnight?" Maddie asked wanting to kill Logan and Rory.

"Rory didn't mention before?"

"Hm I just thought she wouldn't come if i mentioned this detail..."

"I'm gonna need a whole pack of cigarettes" Said Maddie ironically.

"Seriously Logan is this blindfold coming off?" Maddie asked impatiently as they walk through the woods.

"Yeah you can take it off"

"Oh my" She gasped.

"This is what you were expecting?" He asked smiling.

"Not really, I thought it would be kinda off creepy cult where you guys run in circles wearing just underwear" She responded joking.

"This is yours" He opened a tent "Festives start in a half-hour, and you know if you really wanna see me in my underwear my tent is by your left" He said leaving.

Madeleine sat by a tree with her earphones on while she observed all those people in funny clothes while Rory was trying to talk to them, but she was failing.

"Enjoying your time around here?" Asked Logan with two plates of food in his hands "Here take this"

"No thank you I already ate some cookies" She said taking off her earphones.

"Come on Mads It's your favorite food...Well it used to be"

"Spaghetti al limone?" She asked surprised

"Yeah" He said smiling

"Oh my god, this is delicious" She said smiling while eating "Do you guys have this every meeting?"

"No I asked to do it specially for tonight" He said breaking eye contact.

"Why?" At this point Maddie had sauce all over her face.

"Cause you're are a special guest" He said returning to the eye contact.

Madeleine didn't know what to say, Logan was actually being nice to her for the first time in years, and she was really enjoying his company.

"Thank you Logan, I really appreciate it"

"See you tomorrow Mads" He left after her words.

The sun came out and woke up Maddie that was surprised to see a big box sitting near her side, she opened it up and was shocked to find a pretty silk navy blue dress, it had a note saying "Pretty dress for a pretty girl, from the most handsome man of the Life and Death Brigade"

She chuckled at the thought of Logan saying those words.

The dress was perfect, looked like it was made for her, Huntzberger has some pretty good eyes for clothes.

  Maddie left her tent and saw everyone with formal clothing, then she saw Logan he smiled and she observed the way the sun hit his face and made him look like a godly figure, she hate to admite it but it was true.

She made her way to the blonde staring ahead "Seriously? The most handsome man of the Life and Death Brigade"

"Sorry, did I miss something?" He said acting clueless.

"The note, among the dress" She reminded.

"Don't know what you're talking about, but thank you so much for thinking I am the most handsome man of the Life and Death Brigade"

"Shut up and stop being so annoying, you know it was you that wrote it" She said annoyed.

He changed the subject "The dress looks really good on you, it fits your body so well" He affirmed looking from her head to her legs "Let's go we have some things to do before leaving"

They went to an open field, where the rest of the society was also there. The two were both handed champagne glasses.

"In omnia paratus" They repeated among with the other members while tipping their glasses.

Apparently Logan was having the time of his life shooting a paint gun, so Maddie decided to approach him.

"Can I try?" She asked.

"Be my guest" Logan handed the paint gun to Maddie.

She closed one of her eyes to be more precise as she prepared herself to shoot. The target went flying in the air, and she pulled the trigger right on time to hit the target on the chest.

Logan looked at her mesmerized thinking that he would never see something so attractive than a girl in a dress shooting a target that perfectly.

"There's something else to do?" Maddie asked.

He didn't respond, he just grabbed by her hand taking her to another open field, but this one had a tower at the center and people on top of it.

"Wow that's really high" She said looking up.

"We've been higher..." He smiled.

"Stupid"

"You're scared Howard?"

"No"

"Yes you are! Do you trust me?" He stared at her eyes.

Maddie didn't know exactly why but she feels safe around him "Yes"

"Then let's do it!"

They went to the top of the tower, she glanced at Rory and felt relief to know she was not alone, Logan grabbed her hand tight.

And together they jumped.