6

Every time Madeleine walked in the newspaper office the imagine of Doyle in Paris robe would pop on her mind since the day she and Rory walked in them after sex.

But the imagine she was seeing at the moment of Doyle sweating all over her desk was even more traumatizing.

"Move butt, please"

"In a minute" Paris responded

"What is wrong with Doyle? Why is he liquifying all over my desk?" Asked Maddie in disgust.

"Mitchum Huntzberger just left"

"Logan's dad?" Maddie was surprised since he wouldn't come to his own son's birthday, when they were kids.

"My entire body is numb" Doyle's first words.

"So Mitchum Huntzberger stopped by just to make various parts of Doyle's body insensate?"

"He is a deep-pocket alumnus every few months, Yale reels guys like him in for banquets and luncheons" Answered Paris.

"The man owns 13 newspapers my best contact in the business and I fell like a house of cards" He continued pale "Then he busted me on the fact that Logan hasn't had a by line all year, wants me to light a fire under him to get him to write"

Maddie secretly smile at the thought of setting Logan on fire.

"He's gonna pass his empire on to that playboy cad, while a rising star such as Doyle is standing right before him"

Doyle got up to get some water "Now I am Logan's journalistic godfather and I can't get the punk to show up, never mind write a story"

"Do you even know if he can write?" Paris asked.

Maddie remembered school years, he was a really good writer, one of the best of their year.

"Oh he can write, actually an excellent writer" He grabbed some pills for headache "How's that for God giving with both hands,huh? Every now and then, usually when he gets the Flu or the clap and he can't party, he'll throw us a bone and writes something and it's always good" He swallowed the pills "Damn good, stupid bastard"

"Well you're his editor Doyle,talk to him, assign him something" Paris demanded.

"I did, he was supposed to cover the students uproar over Assistant Professor Roarke resigning.

"And?" Madeleine asked while following Doyle around the room.

"And he said "thank you" left the room, and I heard him laughing all the way through the hall, I haven't seen him here since" He stopped to breath "I don't know what to do" He finished with a sad face.

"He is a jerk Doyle I'm sorry" Maddie said and Paris smiled.

"You know you could help right? You're his friend"

"What's up with everybody thinking we are friends? I hate him" Maddie rolled her eyes.

"But you got him to help Rory on her article, nobody could do that! He would've said no to anyone"

"It was a one time favor"

"Look at Doyle, he almost had a heart attack, help him" Paris continued.

"Just convince him to do the article and give him your piece about the dissatisfaction of the faculty with the tenure system, I bet a lot of your notes would overlap with Logan's story"

"But Doyle..." She was cut off.

"I'm your editor and I demand you do this" He said sharply.

"Alright" She gave up.