Twenty

¿What happened at midnight?

Not much, actually. I thanked my parents, and I was already yawning as the movie finished. I wanted to go to bed, but there were things I had to do first. Most importantly, when I picked up my phone I was reminded that Potty Genius still wanted to know the results of its earlier commands. I told it that I peed a little, but didn't need to poop. And with some embarrassment I tapped the wet diaper icon, but confirmed that everything else was clean. And then I could change; or at least attempt to. Because as I had previously discovered, it wouldn't let me change out of a wet diaper into my regular underwear. So I changed into a clean diaper, sure that it would let me change again when I woke up in the morning.

I brushed my teeth and did everything else to prepare for bed. It was only when I returned from the bathroom that I found that there was a message on my phone. A reminder, to let me know that I had a potty timer set soon. Well, some time in the hour immediately after the reminder; which meant the next fifty minutes now. That wasn't ideal; I could have already wet myself, because I'd forgotten that there was a timer set. But that made me wonder again what would happen if I didn't actually have my phone to hand when one of those timers went off. Would it still work?

It was a safety mechanism, anyway. If I ever knew there was a timer set and absolutely couldn't afford to wet myself, I could just go somewhere out of earshot of my phone. I wondered if there would ever be a situation where that was useful; because I couldn't imagine too many places where I would be around other people but there wasn't a chance I would need my phone to coordinate meeting with someone. Still, it was worth checking out at some point.

Right now, I needed to get back to the bathroom quickly, in order to avoid a second accident today. I pulled the diaper down, and told the app that I was sitting on the potty like a good girl. I could do this; even if I was waiting nearly an hour here, when I was already starting to fall asleep.

I played Destiny Ribbons until I got bored, and Bubble Hunt Magnate until I ran out of lives. I did pretty well, actually, because I would have a new bubble juice concentrator in twelve hours, letting my super gauge charge a little higher the next time I played. That should take the edge off some of the harder levels. Then I went back to Potty Genius, and tried Baby Adrica in some different outfits. She was sitting on the potty of course, just like me, but I could still dress her up in different clothes. It was kind of funny to try on different outfits, and see them previewed on the site with whatever pants or skirt I had chosen around her ankles.

Seeing her sitting on a little pink potty made me notice something else as well. All the time I'd been sitting there, I'd been thinking that I was sitting on the potty. The word was toilet, and I needed to remember that. It wasn't a big thing, but it seemed that every time I started using that app, my internal monologue switched to childish language. That could be embarrassing if I actually said any of it. And when I thought back, I couldn't remember for sure if I'd used that embarrassing language when I explained my situation to Dr Theo.

I kept checking the time. I couldn't believe that I was waiting just for an opportunity to pee before bed; I didn't even need to go that badly. I did wonder if it would be easier just to go to bed, confident that my bladder would be empty already when my phone instructed me to go. It would be just like when it had told me to poop before; if I didn't need to go, I could just tap the appropriate icon on the screen and nothing else would happen. But I didn't want to have an accident again; I was trying to prove that I was a big girl, even if that meant staying awake a few minutes longer.

==> 𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢 𝙰𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜. 𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛.