Thirty-Five

¿What went wrong?

We scheduled the next appointment for just a couple of days away, and I was sure that there wouldn't be any problems. But of course, I only thought about the shopping trip itself, as well as the hypnotic conditioning that I would have to keep following until then. We agreed that it would be better to change my badge back to the teddy when Theo was there to watch, just to make sure that all the suggestions she had added to modify the hypnosis worked as intended. And with all my worries focused on what was going to happen Thursday morning, I didn't have any anxiety to spare for the rest of the week.

I went out with some school friends on Tuesday night, treating ourselves at a fancy new cocktail bar that had just opened on the edge of Ghottwood. It was the first time that any of us had actually gone out drinking; we were only just old enough, and none of us had the slightest intention of doing anything silly. In the circumstances, I thought it might be lucky that I was wearing diapers; I knew that some people we'd heard about from friends of friends sometimes had trouble holding it if they drank more than they were used to. But I seriously didn't expect that I would need them. And everything was going well, until Jayce ordered another round of long drinks and I decided that it would be better to check out the ladies room sooner rather than later.

I locked the door, checked the seat was down, and all the other things that Potty Genius would ask me to check. And I set a potty timer for between 2 and 5 minutes. That was fast enough that nobody would wonder where I'd got to, but long enough that the success chance just showed as "Over 99%". In the circumstances, I was sure that was high enough odds to guarantee nothing went wrong.

¿So what went wrong?

==> 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚍! 💧 𝚙𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝟷𝟸-𝟼𝟻0 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜.

I guess I shouldn't have been so optimistic. Even when the challenge was giving me a little respite by asking me to match Baby Adrica's outfits to little versions of my own, there was always the chance that would happen. Even if I stayed in the bathroom for the maximum half hour, which was sure to make my friends worry, it was likely that I'd still be waiting for the timer to go off. In fact, there was a good chance that it wouldn't let me pee at all this evening. I didn't know if the changes Theo had made to the hypnosis would help me here.

In the end I took a deep breath and went back out to the bar, trusting my diaper to protect me. And then I started to enjoy myself again, chatting with my friends. And somehow, the conversation got around to our biggest secrets, or things that we'd never told even our closest friends. Now, these people weren't really closer than my other friends from school, but I was sure some of them would call each other best friends. And like everyone else I'd known for the last seven years, it would soon be a couple of months at least before I could talk to them again.

It was a dumb train of thought. I knew that. But even if I embarrassed myself here, nobody would care. These people had been a big part of my life for years, but there was barely two weeks left before I was moving to a new town. If I really wanted to, there was no reason I couldn't just break off contact with everyone from my old life and start over. But that made this game just a little bit easier to play. We could share any secrets now, any innermost strange desires, knowing that it would be so easy to leave all the judgement behind. And of course, we were sworn to secrecy.

Lynn admitted that her boyfriend had asked her to watch porn with him, and then she'd not been able to stop comparing him to the guys in the video, until he felt insecure and dumped her over it. We'd all known that she had a big breakup a couple of months ago, but I don't think I was the only one to be completely floored by the revelation why.