Chapter 29

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere. Stop crying." Habiba gently patted Zayn's back who laid his head on her shoulder and sobbed silently after his persistent period of crying out.

His arms embraced her neck as strongly as if she was going away from him. Habiba whispered sweet nothings to him and pecked his head repeatedly which helped in his sobbing gradually subsiding down.

Entering the lavish living room, she diverted her attention there meeting some new faces. She confusedly looked around and saw her mother-in-law along with Daneen sitting on one of the couches, and gestured for her to sit with them once noticing her presenc
"She's my Hamza's wife." Shahnaz Begum caressed her back and introduced her to the new people right after sitting down.

"Assalamualaikum." Giving one glance to Zulaikha Bibi on the head coach, she greeted the gorgeously dressed up three middle-aged women in front of her who replied her salam smilingly.

Their attire screamed rich and classy.

"They're our family friends." Her mother-in-law answered those multiple questions bubbling up inside her.

"Is he the baby you were talking about, Shahnaz?" One of the women spoke up seeing the baby quietly watching them.

"Yeah yeah...hayy Allah!" She gasped turning to him and cupped his cheek in concern.

"What happened to your face, honey?" Her heartache to see his red eyes, flushed face, and runny nose which simply showed that he cried for a while.

"He doesn't like me dressing up like this," Habiba mentioned her clothing up in a gorgeous pink salwar kameez, some pearl jewelry that she fell in love with, and the light makeup Daneen did on her face.

Although she protested against them still her mother-in-law and sister like bhabi forcibly did their job mimicking Zulaikha Bibi's voice.

Relatives will start coming from now on and I don't want them to gossip about you.

"He thinks I'm going somewhere leaving him. That's why." Habiba also reasoned out sadly to her mother-in-law who shockingly looked at her.

Suddenly their guests chuckled surprisingly and Shahnaz Begum joined them after a while shaking her head.

"Hamza used to do the same, didn't he." Habiba surprisedly grasped their words and bit the inside of her cheek.

"My poor baby unfortunately inherited his nature." Habiba accused her husband in mind.

She brushed his curls mindlessly and kissed there which caused her baby to look up at her, smiling adorably.

Finally.

"Greet them, Zan," she whispered and his big round eyes met her.

"Salam ola kum." He eventually did that shyly, murmuring, and sucking his thumb all while.