Chapter 34

A single pearl of tears cascaded down her chin to fall upon the book on her lap

A single pearl of tears cascaded down her chin to fall upon the book on her lap. The designer had left his excellence in editing the hardcover in emerald green, turning it aesthetic. Written in a beautiful font, the bold letters of 'Gems Of Islam' had captured a pretty amount of place on the cover.

Habiba always had a quest to read stories about the Nobles and learn their quotes. Recently she had been reading a book as such and her love continuously grew for the book with each passing page. She had reached page no. 205 and the only two sentences scribbled down there bore such heavy ardour that she couldn't make herself flip to the next page instead she closed the book.

"A flower from Jannah went back to Jannah
And left Its fragrance in my mind"

                                                                                              Ali (RA)

She shuddered at the intensity of the words and her chest heaved up due to the emotions bubbling up inside her. The fact that her period started the same morning wasn't helping either as she had been facing a massive mood swing.

Taking a shaky breath, she wiped the wetness on her cheek and got rid of the tears burning her eyes. Despite the emotional turmoil she was in, her lips curved in a smile looking out the window, getting a view of the scene displayed a short distance away from her.

Her baby clung to Hamza's knees with all his might and was reluctant to let him go. His lips put on a pout, and hopeful eyes looked up but it was his Baba whom he was trying to persuade.

Getting the denial nod from him, he stomped inside the gate snatching the backpack from Hamza. He despised the sight of his school so had the same thought about homework and other activities.

Hamza got in the car making sure of his son's arrival on the ground floor of 'D' block where his classroom was located on the 1st floor. He was about to buckle the seat belt but receiving one casual gaze from her, his hand stopped midway and his eyebrows raised in a questioning manner.

"What's wrong?" It wasn't hard for him to find out her shedding tears catching sight of her wet and long lashes. Followed by her cheek and nose, there was a tint of redness in her eyes as well.

Despite his inquiry, he didn't let her utter anything snatching the look he saw her reading before going out. Because of the folded page, he was faced with the exact quotes right away opening the book.

Looking over the letters he stilled for a moment before giving her back the book and started driving without exclaiming anything. The silence was welcomed, however, Habiba suddenly fell into a light mood and wanted to have some fun.

"They are the model for love, MashAllah." She paused to throw a look at him and smiled getting his nod while his eyes unfazed from the road.

Biting her lips, she tossed another look at his relaxed face before speaking out, "Only if I could be a little lucky like Them." She whispered lacing out the utmost desperation her voice could muster up.