Chapter 8: The Reason for remembering (3)

“But we need to argue about things that need to be argued about.”

Cale’s stoic gaze turned toward Sui Khan.

“Team leader, the God of Death isn’t expecting just the few of us to take care of everything, is he?”

The Hunters had created an organization they called ‘Household.’

Cale could now get a better sense of the size of that organization because of the term, ‘Church of Blood.’

Wuxia.

There are always the good faction, the evil faction, and the Church of Demons in these novels. Aside from those, the North Sea Ice Palace and the Church of Blood.

‘I’ll need to go to figure out the Church of Blood in that world, but it is one of the major forces.’

It was not just an organization but a major force.

It was possible that they would be more powerful and more insidious than the White Star’s Arm.

No, it was highly likely.

‘He wants us to take care of something like that on our own?

I know we have Dragons, Choi Han, and our other friends, but…’

If that was the case…

‘A lot of our people will get hurt.’

His friends getting seriously injured to capture the Hunters? Them being put in danger?

This basically gave Cale the biggest reason not to accept the divine item from the God of Death.

Cale’s gaze was now too sharp for a gaze directed at his team leader he had met again for the first time in a long while.

Sui Khan responded in an oddly slow voice.

“Cale, I know that the God of Death has no shame. But would I inform you about such a god?”

“Human! I agree that the God of Death has no shame but Sui Khan doesn’t seem like that.”

Choi Han slightly nodded his head as if to show agreement to Raon’s comment.

Sui Khan chuckled and continued to speak.

“The worlds with the Hunter households all have different situations, but, based on what I know, there are at least some helpers and organizations to support us in each world.”

“Are they organizations that are against the Hunters?”

“Some are like that but others have either made deals with the God of Death or follow him.”

Sui Khan looked up at the air.

“A wanderer went to the world with the Church of Blood to create a base.”

Wanderers.

This was a path that a single-lifer could take after death as they could not reincarnate.

They could either work toward becoming a god or wander like a mercenary.

Choi Jung Gun, the first Dragon Slayer and Choi Han and Choi Jung Soo’s ancestor, was a wanderer.

Cale thought that team leader Lee Soo Hyuk seemed odd and naturally commented.

“Did Choi Jung Soo go to do that?”

“…Yeah.”

Choi Jung Soo was a single-lifer.

He too chose the path of a wanderer.

“We should be able to meet Choi Jung Soo there if things go well.”