Chapter 27: Who are you guys? (7)

Cale’s heart thumped at that moment.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

‘Something is weird.’

That was the first thought he had.

‘Have I ever felt an ancient power so strongly before?’

The Fire of Destruction.

Cale had used this ancient power countless times until now. He had used it however he wanted, controlling it as he pleased.

‘It’s a bit different.’

However, the Fire of Destruction that he was feeling right now was different from any other time he had used the power.

– Cale! This place, it’s different! Seriously, I’m seeing this terrible darkness again!

The Fire of Destruction cheapskate shouted.

– It reminds me of when I was alive!

Cale looked down at his fingertips.

The rose gold fiery thunderbolt that was wrapped all around his body in order to prevent being poisoned by dead mana… All of the black fog that touched it turned into ashes and disappeared.

The cheapskate said that he was reminded of when he was alive.

‘…So this is destruction.’

Cale felt as if he could understand how the cheapskate had destroyed darkness when he was alive.

As for how efficient the Fire of Destruction was in this Xiaolen world…

He felt as if he had a very good idea about it.

“Cale-nim!”

He heard Choi Han’s urgent voice. Cale lifted his head up.

Boom!

The ground shook and one of the black roots charged toward him. It seemed to be scoping him out.

Shhhh—

And the numerous vines that seemed endless compared to the roots…

A portion of the vines that had surrounded the group like a wall were charging toward Cale and the others behind him.

Dead mana and a terrible poison that was even worse than it was carried by the wind and charged toward them as these vines moved.

The cheapskate laughed out loud at that moment.

– Kahahaha! That bastard has recognized his opponent! But how foolish!

His laughter sounded maniacal.

The power that looked to burn the whole world, the power that had made the World Tree fear for its safety, that emotion, that craze seemed to be appearing.

– The prey dares to charge at the predator.

The cheapskate stopped laughing.

The ancient hero who had controlled the Fire of Destruction mumbled in a low voice.

– How laughable.

Choi Han moved in front of Cale.

“I will help you, Cale-nim.”

Cale shook his head.

“No, step back.”

“Excuse me?”

Choi Han flinched just as he was about to look behind him.

‘What is this?’

He could feel heat behind his back.