Chapter 3

_______________________________

Y/N's POV

"It was fun working with you, Y/N. " Chishiya expresses "I guess this is a goodbye"

The Jack of Hearts has been defeated and the airship will explode any moment now, meaning this is where we go our separate ways. Chishiya claims to be looking for a couple of people he knows. I think he mentioned an Arisu, whose name rings a bell but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Chishiya, this better not be the last time we see each other. Stay alive until then... " I smile.

"For me?" I jokingly add while dramatically batting my eye lashes. He responds by pretending to be thinking about it.

In the corner of my eye, I see Banda standing and staring at us intensively. I wonder what's on his mind. Mine went back to the earlier moment with Banda. I quickly shrug it off and give Chishiya a quick hug that he definitely hated and he went on his way. Right then, Banda came up to me.

"Did you know him before the game?" he asks.
"No" I shake my head.
"Then... " he trails off, while stepping closer to me „ ...why are you so close to him?"

The question surprised me a little. I slightly furrow my eyebrows in confusion. „Why do you care?"

He stays quiet. It's almost as if he doesn't know the answer to my question either. It's like something possessed him to come to me in the first place. Still, his intense gaze doesn't leave mine.

After a few seconds of silence I playfully remark "Jealous?". He snaps out of his trance.

"What if I said yes?" Banda retorts with a slight grin.

His response caught me off guard. I didn't expect him to play along. I had the impression that he was the type of guy to constantly be serious.

"Hm, going off of that hypothetical situation." This time, I am the one to step even closer "If it was you, I certainly wouldn't be mad. Let's leave it at that."

He raises his eyebrows, genuinely amused. "Oh?" his deep voice echoes in my ear. The edge of his lip rises.

"And what if I..." Banda raises his hand and carefully caresses my skin right under my ear. It's almost as if the tension in the air turned into ice. He held a somewhat studious look.

Just then, I start to giggle and place my hand on his. "You almost got me. Is this how you get your way with women? How many did it work on?"

I gently push his hand away from my face and take a step back.
His serious expression fades, as his smug look returns again.

Before I could get an answer, Yaba joins us. "Where are we headed to?"

_______________________________

A/N: I can't believe the number of breaks I took to write this short chapter bc I was getting too invested. I wish I could lend you my mind so you can picture the things I am imagining, because I can't accurately formulate it into words rn.😮‍💨