Chapter 6

_______________________________

Y/N's POV

My body had completely acted on impulse, whereas my mind hadn't fully let the action sink in yet.

After this, I'm not sure I even wanted it to. Hastily, I smashed my lips onto his, giving into all the desperate, unlike-me thoughts I had.

What's even more jaw-dropping was that Banda reciprocated it. It went on for a while. It felt like fireworks lighting up in me. His hands slithered from my hips all the way to my cheeks. The position was eerily similar to our moment in the cafeteria when we first talked.

When we both finally pulled away, the adrenaline started to vanish and I was left with the aftermath. It reminded me of when you happily drink alcohol and think you're magically invincible, but then the next day comes around and you feel like you're dying with the worst headache ever. And that's how I was feeling.

His eyes looked needy and his expression was nothing like I have ever seen before. He clenched his jaw and the typical smirk was plastered on his face, but the effect it had on me in the moment was dangerous.

Meanwhile, Banda thought it was much more exciting than torturing could ever be. More than any game could offer.
His thumb caressed my lips as if he was preparing for another round. To him, I was like a drug, waiting to be taken. Do you know what's more awful? I wasn't against the idea.

"Guys! It's heading this way!" I heard Usagi yell in the distance, interrupting my thoughts. I had almost forgotten about the task at hand, something usually only games can do to me.

"Coming." Banda smiled and stuck his hands back to his side. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw him casually walk away as if the last few minutes never happened.

Still a bit shaken, I run to the group. Usagi quickly lead the way. "The rabbit was here somewhere-"

When I saw it, I came to a halt. All the thoughts I held before disappeared. Arisu gasped at the sight. The scene before us was horrendous to look at.

Everywhere I looked, there lied a corpse. Blood was splattered on each corner. I estimated that there were around fifty dead people or more gathered here. This was a whole graveyard. Banda's face held no shock but I could tell that he found it strange as well.

At the end of the road we spotted a man who was sitting but barely conscious, showered in blood.

We quickly made our way to him. "Are you okay?" Arisu asked the dying stranger.

"Film..." The man struggled to speak. His breathing was uneasy, understandably so. He had visible gunshot wounds on him, which had me assume that this was the King of Spades' doing.

"Huh?" Arisu questioned him "What film?"

Before being able to get an answer out of him, his eyes went lifeless, staring into the distance. I shared a look with Banda who was deep in thought.

"In here?" I suggested, looking at the white RV the now-dead person was leaning on.

Carefully, we stepped inside the dark space.

"He must have been a photographer" Banda remarked, seeing the film being hung in the car.

"It's an eight millimeter film" I added, focusing on every little detail.

"Do you watch it with this?" Usagi asked, pointing to the matching camera. Without a second to spare, Arisu picked up the cassette he found, and we watched the recording.

The video showed the man we saw earlier, interviewing other players.

"Ann!" Usagi stated, looking at the woman in the video. She said that she was trying to get out of Tokyo, wanting to know what's behind all this.

Later in the film, the camera man was heading to a community, located where we were in the moment. It pans to a woman that said she remembers everything about the day she disappeared. One thing everyone had in common was that they all saw fireworks. Unfortunately, she had been shot before she could finish her story.

"They weren't fireworks" Banda repeated, looking to see if I had any logical interpretation of this statement. Unfortunately, I didn't.

Just then, the ground started to shake. Outside the window I see the King of Spades' airship. He's here. My eyes go wide. Not again.

"This way!" I yelled and ran out. I checked to make sure Banda is behind me.

"Watch out!" We ran for our lives. Banda connected our hands and we hurry to the other two who were hiding behind the trees.

Usagi stood very close to the King. My heart raced. Banda squeezed my hand reassuringly.  Worried the girl might have gotten shot, Arisu used himself as bait to get the King away from her. We quickly followed behind him, being separated from Usagi.

I watched as the trees surrounding us, looked to be moving closer together. Before we even realised it, the three of us ended up on the ground. Right then and there, our life could've ended due to the Spades game.

All of a sudden, we see shots coming from somewhere else. The King was caught off guard long enough that we were able to get away from him.

I bolted faster than I ever have. Hand in hand. I stepped. Step. Step. Ste-

White is what I saw. A hard metal object flew to ours faces, knocking us out. The last thing I remember was how cold my hand felt, when Banda's hand let go.

_______________________________

A/N: School is starting soon and I know I'll be very busy, so I'm just trying to write chapters while I still have the free time to do so.

Quality > Quantity, always. If it takes a while for me to update, I'm sorry!! 🧎🏻‍♀️🧎🏻‍♀️

Anyway, live laugh love Banda and stay tuned for the next chapters because I have a lot of ideas in stock. :)))