Chapter 9

_______________________________

Y/N's POV

The dark night sky was pouring. The water droplets flushed out any prints I might have left behind. I have always found rain relaxing, it gave me something to focus on instead of complete silence.

I nudged Arisu to stay awake who was sitting out in the open under a small roof. The man had been dozing off while Banda and I were looking out for the King of Spades together, hidden nearby. Now meters away from us I still saw Arisu who was trying his best not to fall asleep.

I would have completely dipped this plan and just leave this group alone if my legs weren't close to giving up after I have been standing for hours so close behind a tree. "Sit down" I could barely make out his deep voice in this weather. Banda seemed to have noticed my state.

I shook my head, declining the offer. Right after, I felt a pair of hands lightly push me onto the small log behind us.

"It wasn't a question." he whispered close to my ear, making sure I heard him over the sound of rain. His voice was smooth and his words felt like a syringe which needle is so thin you barely feel it penetrating your skin. Some might say it's enjoyable.

But I think that some things are meant to hurt. Just because I don't feel it stabbing me, doesn't mean that I'm not being stabbed.
Who knows what he's thinking?

My mind had gotten lost in thought. It had almost made me miss a light coming from the tree. Heiya had signalled with the flare gun. It was time. He was here.

It set off a slight explosion, meanwhile I heard gunshots coming from Aguni's direction. I quickly stood up and adjusted the gun in my hand to point where I wanted it to.

We all saw the King of Spades laying on the ground. As Aguni stepped closer, shots started to fire again. He obviously wasn't dead, that would've been too easy. Heiya jumped down from her location. Banda and I quickly run out of the way, going near Aguni and Arisu.

"Was I bait for you?" Arisu yelled at Aguni.
"That's your specialty, kid" he answered, reloading his gun.

"Is he invincible?" Arisu was shocked at how the King casually stood up after being shot by Aguni.
"It's a bulletproof vest. He must be a mercenary" I observed.
"We'll cover each other while we lead him to the cliff." Aguni said and I nodded. "Go."

Standing on opposite sides, we took turns on shooting the Spades guy.

The next thing I know, I saw him throwing a bomb towards Banda and Arisu. "Run!" Aguni screamed.

At that moment I saw Arisu, jumping off the cliff with Banda right behind him. I was too close to the Kind of Spades, so I was his next target. It was too late to jump off the cliff.

He clearly had the upper hand but I was good at dodging his bullets. I struggled to keep his gun facing away from me even when using all my strength. For a second I was facing him and he stopped for a blink of an eye. "Y/N?"

Suddenly, Heiya used her foot to kick him away before he could get another word out. I used this to my advantage to stand up and run. I didn't care where, I just wanted to get away.

I had to go farther since the King was still close. And that's how we all ended up splitting.

_______________________________

I wandered through the forest with the gun Aguni had given me until I was surrounded by high buildings. Here I was, alone... again.

I found an empty home near the area and decided to stay for the night. Hopefully, Arisu and Banda are okay. Yaba, Chishiya and Usagi too.

I had gotten so used to the sound of people that I had almost forgotten how it felt to have no one around. It was nothing new for me to be alone but rarely in my life have I ever felt this lonely.
It's easy not to miss something you never had in the first place. But things have changed.

As I closed my eyes and covered them with my hand, I heard a rustling next to me. Even if it was the King of Spades, at that point I didn't have enough energy to care. I basically welcomed death with open arms.

"Y/N?" a familiar male voice yelled next to me. Don't tell me...

"Yaba?" I groaned as if I had just woken up. I opened my eyes and saw him slowly walking up to me.

"You okay?" he asked as he moved closer. "Where were you? Where's Banda?"

For a moment, I stayed quiet. "We got separated" I left it at that. What interested me more, was that Yaba had a child and a girl by his side. Had he started a whole new family in the last few days we were separated?

He noticed that I was confused about the children he brought. "Oh, it's long story" he said, scratching the back of his head. "They just started following me when I found them in some random house after our encounter with the King of Spades"

Yaba didn't strike me as the guy to save some random children he didn't know but I didn't have the energy to question it or care.

I was just happy to not be alone.

_______________________________

A/N: i'm just as curious as you are, to know how this story will end. anyway, thank you so so so so so so so so so so so much for reading.
And I'm very very very very sorry for not updating as much.