Wattpad Original
There are 31 more free parts

| 43 | Revelation

⥐ ⋞ ☽ ⋟ ⥐

Blurred white swirled around in every direction.

          Jackson flailed his hands around, trying to fight off whatever had pinned him down.

          Snarls, growls, and shuffling snow; he was sure it was an animal—a creature...but he couldn't make out what. His head felt like it was spinning, his ears were ringing, and pain throbbed through his body.

          He was being dragged away.

          But he couldn't stop it. He watched the blue and white above him contort into white and green, which he knew were the tops of trees covered in snow. And when he finally came to a halt, and the creature let go of him, he grunted and struggled to his hands and knees. Then, he attempted to get up, but he stumbled to the side and grabbed the closest tree to keep himself from falling.

          His vision was still blurred, but it was clearing up, and as he looked around for what had attacked him, he set his eyes on something standing between a collection of bushes in front of him.

          No...it was someone.

          They stood there—Jackson could feel their eyes on him, and as he squinted and struggled to work out who it was, dread started to strangle him. Could it be the guy that had followed him around Farrydare?

          Jackson tried to back off and run, but as soon as he let go of the tree, he tripped over his feet and fell to his hands and knees. He attempted to get up, but before he could, his attacker grabbed the back of his shirt, pulled him to his feet, turned him around, and pinned him against the tree.

          Now that he was this close, Jackson was able to make out the guy's face...and it wasn't of some suit-wearing, black-haired stalker.

          It was Damon.

          It was Damon?

          Jackson frowned in disbelief and rubbed his eyes.

          Damon was still standing in front of him, holding him against the tree.

          "D...Damon?" he stuttered.

          The Alpha's face became clearer as Jackson's vision settled, revealing an aggravated stare. He looked pissed off—of course he did. But why was he here?

          Jackson waited for him to say something, but it didn't look like he was going to. "What...what are you doing here?"

          Damon's scowl thickened as he tightened his grip on Jackson's shirt. "What am I doing?" he growled—the anger in his voice sent a shiver down Jackson's spine. "What the fuck are you doing?!" he exclaimed.

          He stared at the Alpha wide-eyed—what did he mean? "I...I-I don't know," he stuttered. "You...you told me to leave, so I came out h—"

          "What?" Damon snapped, a look of confusion on his face.

          "What? What do you mean, what?"

          "What are you talking about?"

          "What? I...what?" he exclaimed calmly. Damon looked just as confounded as he felt. "You kicked me out. You wanted me gone, so I came here."

          The Alpha scowled, his look of bewilderment battling his angered one. "What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't kick you out—why the fuck would I want you gone?"