1. Welcome

You look up at the ceiling above you.
There is water dripping down from some old, rusted pipes and there is a small window on the other side of the room that lets in small fragments of light.

"Dammit.." you curse as you pull on your bindings once more. Your hands are in zip ties being held together by handcuffs that are keeping you bound to an old water heater.

You press your forehead on the cold metal and try not to cry.

All you had done was go downtown to meet with some friends from college and as you were turning the corner, you were hit in the head and the world went dark.

When you had woken you were in a dusty room, which you perceived to be a basement, with a major headache and pain in your wrists from being tied up.
You pulled on your bindings once more and there was a loud clang that came from the handcuffs that caused the door from the basement to open.

Heavy feet stomped down the stairs and you held your breath, trying not to scream and cry. Whoever this was wanted you to feel scared, and you wouldn't give them the pleasure.

A tall burly man with pale blonde hair and neat beard walked around the large boxes blocking your view. He wore a green flannel, blue jeans and heavy brown hiking boots. Parts of him looked like the type of nature-driven men in Colorado and the other parts looked like the men you saw in the city.

He crouched in front of you, making direct eye contact and smiling. "Y/N, you've been busy haven't you sweetheart?"

You looked into his cold gray eyes, shocked at how normal he looked but also terrified that he knew your name.

"You're quite the feisty one. I told them you would be." He said smiling. "That's what makes you so special."

The curiosity in you won and you responded. "You told who?"

"Well, your new family of course."

You looked at him dumbstruck. Family? What in the world was this man talking about?

He reached out to touch your cheek and you flinched and pulled away. The man was smiling but he was a threat; he was dangerous. No safe, good man kidnapped someone and kept them tied up in his basement.

However, he frowned and scratched his chin. "I would never hurt you darling. Why would you think that?"

You glanced at your bindings and glared at him.

At that he sighed and reached up, untying you and letting your hands fall to your lap. "I had to make sure you wouldn't fight back. You must understand."

You rubbed your wrists, trying to soothe the pain. As you did the man only kept looking at you with a smile on his face.

"What am I doing here? Please let me go. I don't even know where I am, just let me go!" You pleaded.

He sighed and shook his head. "No can do sweetheart. Not when they're so excited to meet you!"

"Who?!" You shrieked.

"Our kids," He said pushing the hair out of your face. "And your sister-wives. They're all so excited to meet you."

You stared at the man in horror. Children? Sister-wives?
"Did you bring me to some sort of cult??" You shouted. "What are you insane?"

At your words the man slapped you quickly across the face. You felt the sting turn your cheek red and tears fill your eyes. The man on front of you took deep breaths.

"I'm so sorry darling, I didn't mean to do that. But you can't be talking about your family that way."

You reached out to touch your cheek. It hurt badly and you felt blood coming from your mouth. This man was insane. Whoever he was, he was insane.

You needed to tread more carefully now.
And you hoped that someone somewhere was looking for you.

A/N: hello readers! I am new to Wattpad but have written three other stories on a different platform!

This is my first fan-fic piece and I'm super excited to write it! Hopefully you like the set up chapter and I can't wait to hear from you your feedback and advice.
Enjoy :)