6) Training

Ring... Ring...

A week had passed since Russia's last meeting with China. After long nights staring up at the ceiling, overthinking every possible outcome, every little thing he might need to do, Russia had finally built up the courage to finally call them.

Ring... Ring...

Click!

"China?"

"Russia," The other end says, "So you've considered my offer,"

"I have." Russia affirms, "And I accept. Tell me what to do."

✦✦✦

A few days had passed as Russia and America are being taken into a certain facility. China had already taken care of everything; the plane tickets, packing, and even getting permission from their workplace to go on this mission. Although, China's reasoning was far more sugar coated than the harsh reality. He explains how he needs America and Russia for a company project that'll be taken overseas. And of course, the station allows them to go. Mainly because of China's high position, they can't really go against him.

"Wait, where's China sending us exactly? I feel like that's something I should have asked before I got in this car..." America asks. His seat bobs up and down as their vehicle rides up a rocky hill, driving far away from the city.

Russia shrugs, "I'm not too sure, he said he'll be preparing us for the trip. Here let me check my phone."

"If this is the second time we get kidnap, my therapist will be hearing this."

Russia takes out his phone from his pocket, checking the last message China had sent him and reads it out loud, "It said he's sending us to... a spa house?" Russia raises an eyebrow as he reads their supposed destination.

"I'm not even going to ask." America chirps, "If he's sending us to a spa house I'm not complaining, I could use a sauna myself."

As it turns out, the place was the complete opposite of what China had told them. The 'Spa House' was just a fancy title. Inside, there are people lifting weights, wrestling one another, swimming through a long pool that stretches from the edge of the arena and plenty of other fitness training. America realizes that they were sent to a military training facility.

"Welp." America sighs, "I'm setting myself a reminder to never trust China again."

"Stop complaining." Russia pulls America by his hand as they stroll pass the soldiers training.

They find a familiar face out in the distance, shouting vigorously at the men doing push-ups, showing no mercy whatsoever, a distinct lack of kindness in his voice. Judging from his authoritarian and dominant attitude, Russia knew that this man is the camp's commander.

The middle-aged man has a military buzzcut and navy blue hair. He wears a simple black t-shirt, military camouflage pants, leather boots, and a metal dog tag that's slightly tucked under his shirt. America gets excited once he notices the familiar face, waving his hand above the crowd of people training, hoping for the commander to notice him.

"Hey, NATO!" America yells out, his voice echoing throughout the base. Everyone stops what they're doing to look over their shoulder and watch the man who had a death wish, the one who had the nerve to yell to the commander like that.